New York-Hudson Valley

Terrible timing NWR

The tranmsission in my car went this weekend.,.with less then 5 months to the wedding,,,I'm gonna have to pull a couple grand from my butt to pay for it.  Why now

Re: Terrible timing NWR

• smatuzasmatuza member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    boiler was leaking and flooded our basement- i feel you :(
    Anniversary
    my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    well that sucks. it might actually be cheaper if you find a used one at a junk yard rather than replace the busted one. on one of my old cars it would have been like 2k to fix a synchro and diff issue but i found a low mileage one for $800 at a junk yard. it can save you quite a bit of cash. 

also if you don't have a shop to do it i have a friend that runs a tranny shop in jersey right over the bridge, he does awesome work and is reasonably priced. 
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i hear you...i had to buy a new car before the wedding...picked it up the week before.  ugh.  it'll be ok!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    ugh that stinks! I think psichick has a good idea though
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • posadagirl20posadagirl20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies : ) The quote for a used one is 1400.  That includes labor..We may end up getting a new one. We shall see. ( were in the process of buying a house so I was trying to avoid a loan).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards