California-Orange County

Ceremony and Reception help!

I've been engaged for six months now and we are planning to get married next June. (6/8or9/2012)

I got my dress, going to start working with a decorator/coordinator next week, and thought I had found the perfect venue!

There was this old cathedral in LA called Vibiana that is simply amazing! The price for a Friday ceremony and reception is $4,500 but I'm not sure what it comes with. Seemed very duable for me! I was sent an email with a few different food packages. Turns out the food ranges from $90 - $125 a plate! That would cost me about $18,000 for just food for up to 150 guests! That is over my entire budget for the venue.

So my question is...

Can anyone reccomend an elegant looking venue that has the possibility of the ceremony and reception together? I need it in Orange County. My budget for the venue, (including food and everything) is about $15,000. I am having a French/Marie Antoinette themed reception. I need about $5,000 for everything else, including decorations and photographers. I'm not sure if I am stretching it here or not. I have never done this before and don't have anyone to help me. To top it off my fiance is currently away (he's in the Army) so I am completely alone. Looking up venues last night nearly completely discouraged me from continuing to look. So I thought I would turn here and see if anyone could help me? :)

image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Ceremony and Reception help!

• SheerDelightsSheerDelights member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello:

Try the Nixon Library in Yorba Linda, The White House Event Center in Anaheim or the Heritage Museum in Santa Ana.

Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Tivoli Terrace in Laguna Beach is a French Garden style venue that I'm considering right now. It's very cute and very affordable. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-orange-county_ceremony-reception-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:63Discussion:60e511b4-03ab-4f37-8c77-180d40018e9dPost:81441492-1c25-4066-bef3-ded1fabed301">Re: Ceremony and Reception help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tivoli Terrace in Laguna Beach is a French Garden style venue that I'm considering right now. It's very cute and very affordable. GL!
    Posted by browneydgrl[/QUOTE]

My sister was married at TT last September, it was great! I think for 150 you would need to use Tivoli Terrace (accross the street) which has the same feel. They do all of the food, bar, tables, etc. I would def. look into it! Good luck:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards