DC
Options

Reception Venue: 40 people not too far from Columbia, MD

Hi All,
I am in the beginning stage of planning for a late April or May 2012 wedding. Quick turn-around, so the location will probably dictate the date. I'm looking for something with character, maybe a view, with no fuss. Is $5k realistic?

Any thoughts? Thanks for your help!!!
-mizparker

Re: Reception Venue: 40 people not too far from Columbia, MD

• Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might want to check out Rockwood Manor in Potomac.  They have a deal in which you can have the place for up to 60 people for four hours, any day except Saturday, for $600.  They allow any licensed caterer, which tends to keep costs down.  The only catch is that you can only reserve it 45 days in advance.  However, if you are able to be flexible on the date, that might work for you.
  • Options
    LoveKissLoveKiss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you need a space where you can do the ceremony AND the reception, or just the reception? If it's just a reception space you need, Victoria's Gastro Pub has a private event space and the food is oh-so-good. I think Iron Bridge Wine Co. also does private events, and it's so cute and cozy in there. For the ceremony and reception, have you looked into any of the CA properties? Amherst House in Kings Contrivance comes to mind. Or maybe Historic Oakland? Or Mt. Hebron House in Ellicott City?

If you are willing to consider Annapolis, a friend did her April 2011 wedding at the Chart House in Annapolis. They have floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the docks in Annapolis. Very pretty. She had 55 guests and her entire budget (minus photography) was under $5k.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards