Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Vendor Reviews 10-2-10 Part 2

Hair- Justine from Salon Justine A: Having such a large bridal party, I wanted to get someone who could come to the resort instead of all of us going to the salon. So I got recommendations for Justine through other knotties and called her. She was so nice and fun and when I went for my trial we really clicked. I liked the way my trial turned out in general but did not love it, it needed to be more full. But we talked on the phone a few times and discussed ways to make it happen and I felt completely comfortable and ready for the big day. On the wedding day, I had 11 updos and 4 blow outs so there was lots to be done. Justine showed up with a crew of 4 at my moms villa at 7am, got all set up and started and we were done just on time at 12 (ceremony at 2) and pretty much everyone loved their hair. My first try was not exact, so she took it out and redid the whole thing till I loved it, which I did in the end. She also shows up with goodies and her and her crew and young and fun so can relate to you and your bms; so overall its a really fun time!

Makeup- Samantha Phillips A+: When I went for my trial, I was nervous. I am not really into makeup and on a normal basis I wear only mascara annd blush, the most. I HATE foundation. I told Samantha this and she was fine with it and used the lightest powder ever, I could not even feel it. She did fake eyelashes and they were perfect. My only gripe was my eyebrows, she made them a bit dark at the trial and while they looked good, they were not me. I called her the next day and told her and the day of the wedding she did them perfectly. I loved my makeup, it was  natural and I looked like me, I rarely like my makeup done, I usually wash it off, but not this time. My mom loves dark heavy makeup  (she has darker skin than me) and she was able to make my mom happy as well. She also brought an assistant so was able to finish 10 people right on time!

Brunch Pastries: Cottage Street Bakery A+- We ordered pastry trays to my moms room for bunch the next morning so out of towners could come for coffee and pastries before they left instead of a formal breakfast. The trays were beautiful and huge and the prices were really reasonable. They even delivered at 7am on Sunday m orning so that the baked goods were extra fresh!

Tuxes- Merians in Brockton: A- All of our friends use Merians, which made things easy because they transferred a lot of measurements. They were really helpful in picking out the tuxes and let Jake and our fathers get them 3 days early. My only gripe is that they told us all the gms would be ready Wednesday night so when Jake told his guys, a couple of them went and they were not ready, Luckily its close to all of us pretty much so going back was not a huge deal. Overall, the tuxes fit great and they looked so handsome!

Trolley- A Formal Affair, Marshfield A+. Honestly, this is the most attractive trolley I have even been in. A friend of mine used it a few years ago and even though I found a few cheaper ones, I had to have the white trolley with oak interior, its absolutely gorgeous and the seats face each other which I love instead of the bus set up. The driver showed up 20 minutes early for the guys, helped me with  my dress and then waitied around after the booking time to make sure we did not want to go elsewhere for photos...overall great experience.

Room Block- Ocean Edge Resort- A The person I worked with at Ocean Edge for the room blocks (Larry) is like my new best friend. He answered every question, fixed every issue down to incorrect name spelling. We had a lot of rooms blocked and he sent me an update about every 3 days starting 6 months out. Every time I asked for early check in, he complied, h e was great. My only complaint is reservations desk. Even the room I booked for Jake I had to call 2 times for the confirm and it turned out they had my email wrong. Also, you had a call a time of 2 to get through but I attribute that to my main booking time being high season. The rooms themselves were great. My mom got a 3 bedroom 2 level townhouse by the water and it was huge and felt like home. There were 3 decks, a huge kitchen and we did all the getting ready activities there. The suite they gave us for the wedding night was great, granite counters, 2 bedrooms, jacuzzi, 2 fireplaces. I am very happy with how the room booking and block went at OE, another reason I am glad we had the wedding there.

Cerrmony Musicians- Art McManus (organ/piano) and Dan Lasdow (trumpet) A+ I can really say that when all said and done, I never even met either of these men, even on the wedding day. After the ceremony, we did a recieving line and things were crazy. But I know the music was beautiful and they really helped me a lot while planning with their recommendations since I had no idea what music was best with each instrument.

Invitations- Mygatsby.com A+ I loved my invites...they were black, ivory and pink pockets and looked like they cost a fortune, but they did not and I did not have to do any DIY at all besides stuffing them (I suck at DIY). People were calling me telling me how beautiful they were and I totally agree. The first set of seals we received were a little offcenter and they promptly sent us a whole new set, no questions asked and they were perfect and we were able to use the offcenter ones on the out of town baskets so it worked out great!

I can not think of any more vendors, but if and when I do, I will send! Again, i ope this helps you guys! I can honestly say I was so lucky all my vendors were great and the day went off without a hitch. if you are worried about how it all comes together (which I was) dont, it just does! Good luck!
Lauren

Re: Vendor Reviews 10-2-10 Part 2

• Soccergal13Soccergal13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Lauren-
    Thank you for posting your comments. I am getting married at Ocean Edge next June and I LOVE hearing great things about it!
    Congratulations!
  • PewterPewter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for posting such detailed and helpful reviews.  I'm going to be looking at Ocean's Edge but am afraid it will be out of my price range....did you find any room for negotiation?  Also, what was the size of you wedding? I can send you my e-mail address if you would rather not go into detail through postin. Thanks again!!!
  • squirrelly29squirrelly29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Pewter,

Shoot me an email at lmw4253@gmail.com and I can give you all the details!

Lauren
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards