Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Mini Wine Bottles

My FI and I are looking at doing Mini Wine Bottles as favors. I was wondering if anyone has any good websites or liquor stores in the metro area that they've used for this option.

Thanks!

Re: Mini Wine Bottles

• edited December 2011
    Interesting............... we did that too ;)  Well, we used them as dual table assignments/favors.

Not sure about places in the Metro (we got ours in Maryland) -- just look for wine supply stores. Just don't order stuff online -- it's way more expensive to ship :)
  • edited December 2011
    Oh wait. I might have misunderstood. Are you making the wine yourself? Or are you buying the wine already made and sold in the half-sized bottles?
  • rickm37rickm37 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Were looking at purchasing the 100ml bottles and doing our own labels.
  • edited December 2011
    Hmmm I don't know if I've seen 100 mL wine bottles. Isn't that SUPER tiny?? We used the 375 mL bottles, which I thought was the perfect size.

Also, I found the BEST wine labels online. They were expensive, but they're awesome. The adhesive doesn't set for 15 minutes, so you can adjust the label on the bottle if you've put it on crooked.

It's the Estate #8 White: http://www.onlinelabels.com/wine/index.htm
    I bought a huge pack, just in case I needed tons extra (which I did, because the printer screwed up our first batch). I haven't gotten around to putting them on my For Sale page, but let me know if you're interested!
  • mlschn06mlschn06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ohh I have definitely been thinking about this too!! Once I looked online I was blown away by the prices! Also, have your venues been ok with this because I was worried that ours would not allow it since it would be alcohol that is sitting out available to anyone.... For example, we cannot have a bottle of wine on each table during dinner because no one can regulate who is drinking it, so I am just curious! Thanks
  • edited December 2011
    mlschn06: Our reception site is strict about outside food and drink. However, they allowed it (and the candy buffet) because they classify as guest favors. ALSO, our bottles were corked and then sealed with the gold top, so it's not like we used screw caps and people would be able to open them easily.

However, it might be a problem if you're not having an open bar. We had an open bar, so there was no reason for people to open the bottles of wine -- they already had all the alcohol they needed through our bar, and they didn't have to pay a dime. I could see how it might be a problem if you were having a cash bar or something. Then people might be tempted to open the bottles of wine during the reception, so they don't have to pay for more alcohol.
  • tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

What I would recommend is talking to someone at a liquor store near you, and ask if they can order them for you. Since you'd be ordering a case or more, they might be able to give you a good deal on them.

• Enchanted616Enchanted616 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went in and talked to the manager at my local MGM, and she told me I could easily get a discount for ordering in bulk. 

She also gave me some good advice, though.  She said wine is kinda like perfume, there are so many types and everyone likes something different.  She told me she could get me a great deal on the mini champange bottles (which are way more universally appealing, and I thought a little more festive)  if I order them in like november, because they run crazy specials for New Years.  I think we are going with either a mini Asti or Korbel bottle, that retails for $3.99, for about $1.50.  They are so cute and elegant that I totally ditched the idea of making my own labels. 

Just something to think about.  I would just go into a couple local liqour stores and see what they will do for you. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Finished BC and not preventing since June 2010.
    Actively trying for baby #1 since July 2011.
    SA completed 5/29/2012. No sperm found.
    11/12: Dx: Congenital Bilateral Absense of the Vas Deferens.
    Genetic Testing needed as this is a mutation of Cystic Fibrosis.
    IVF #1 with ICSI planned for 2013.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • edited December 2011
    Enchanted - Now I want to do that! haha
  • edited December 2011
    That's a really good idea Enchanted!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Enchanted616Enchanted616 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls!  I'm really excited about it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Finished BC and not preventing since June 2010.
    Actively trying for baby #1 since July 2011.
    SA completed 5/29/2012. No sperm found.
    11/12: Dx: Congenital Bilateral Absense of the Vas Deferens.
    Genetic Testing needed as this is a mutation of Cystic Fibrosis.
    IVF #1 with ICSI planned for 2013.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • Cascasbaby53Cascasbaby53 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the idea of mini champagne!
  • rickm37rickm37 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice everyone.

I'll take a look.
This discussion has been closed.