Kentucky
Options

limos

Hi all.  I currently live in Montgomery, Al, but will be getting married in Lexington in August.  

I was wondering if anyone on here had experience with renting limos for the day?  We're going to call around to a few places for pricing, but I wanted to get feedback from other brides.  Do you think it's worth the price to have a limo?  When is the best time to use it: getting everyone to the church, or as the bride and groom leave the reception?  

Thanks!!

Re: limos

• Options
    squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think having transportation of some sort is nice, but I don't think a limo is necessary.  I'm still figuring out how we're getting TO the wedding from the hotel, but we're taking the shuttle bus with the guests back at the end of the night.  Our whole wedding (ceremony and reception) is at the same site, though, so we don't need mid-day transportation.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If it's just for you and your groom, consider renting his dream car for the day.  It's significantly cheaper than a limo and will give him an incredible experience.  Plus, it's a great groom's gift!  I personally think that renting transportation for the bridal party is nice, but was the first thing to be cut because of our budget.  They've got cars...they can drive them.  And they can carpool if they need to. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Inkygirl, any idea on where to GET those dream cars?  I've been looking for a place that rents more "exotic" cars, and can't find anything!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards