Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

bummed...small vent

Our menu tasting with the Renaissance is scheduled for March 14. It has been scheduled since right after the new year. My fiance just found out a few days ago that is boss is making him travel to Dallas for work that week. (He travels to Dallas at least once a month. He is actually there right now.)

I emailed the Renaissance right away to see if we could reschedule, and we can't. This is their busy time to do tastings for the upcoming spring and summer weddings and there just isn't a time they can do it without going too far out. That won't work because we are having a sit down dinner so we need to know the food before ordering the invitations.

I am just a little bummed because I really want him to be there for it. It's not only the tasting, but we are also determining linen colors, how are tables will look, dance floor location, and a lot of other details. These are all things I know he wanted to have some input on.

I think the fact that his boss scheduled these meetings in Dallas without even asking my fiance if the dates work for him is really rude. It's not like he's not there often enough that he couldn't make another trip!

I just needed to vent that out a little to some people who might understand!

Re: bummed...small vent

• Oh wow! That really sucks. This wouldn't help at all with the food tasting, but would it be possible to Skype with him during the meeting? Then at least he could see the tables, linens, layout, etc. Not a perfect solution but it might help.
  • Ditto Britt, try to see if you can take a laptop and Skype while you're there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited March 2012
    Will he be back on the 16th?  I wonder if the Ren would be willing to let you have takeout containers of some of the food choices.  Granted, it won't taste 100% fresh, but he could get an idea of the food choices before a final decision is made.

I assume they have group tastings and don't want to schedule an individual tasting.  Will they maybe let you go another day with FI to discuss just layout/linens?   Even if it is just to let the two of you into the room and you can relay the information to him that was told to you during the tasting?

Maybe his trip will be rescheduled!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I might look into doing some Skype or something for it! And if any food is leftover, I will definitely have him try it! We are having a private tasting but they are only able to schedule 2 per week or something like that. Because I've had this scheduled for almost 2 months already, we would have to back up the tasting quite a bit to change it. I think it will all work out. My parent will be with me. I was just a little bummed he won't be able to come! Thanks for letting me vent a bit!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards