Latino Weddings

XP- Bilingual invitations

My FI's first language is Spanish, and about one-third of our guests are Spanish-speaking as well.

We both like the idea of incorporating Spanish into the invitations. At least part of our ceremony will be in Spanish, so I think this will be a nice tie-in.

My question is, do you think there is a way to do this without confusing our guests? I think every other line in each language would be too much...

Would it not look cohesive if we did the invitation in English and the accompanying RSVP card in Spanish (obviously using digits for the dates rather than words to avoid a disaster)?

FI thought it might be better to print Spanish invitations for our Spanish-speaking guests (a good percentage of them speak virtually no English) and all-English invitations for everyone else. But I kinda wanted to be a little different.

Opinions about how to pull it off/whether or not it's a horrible idea?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: XP- Bilingual invitations

• edited December 2011
    I agree with your FI. It would be way easier to do it that way.
  • lucy2113lucy2113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also agree with you FI and MsSunshine. Putting both languages on the invites is simply too much. Printing some in Spanish and English is a great idea! Come back with pictures when you get them back! GL
    Holiday
  • aghouston86aghouston86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing what your FI suggests. We have a set in English for our English Speaking guests, and a set in Spanish for our Spanish speaking guest and that version also has our padrinos de honor listed on them ( We left it out on the English version because people probably wouldn't know what that means). It just made it eaiser and less cluttered looking in my opinion.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards