Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

diy in-suite receptions

I refuse to pay the amount of money that some of these hotels charge to cater a very small reception in suite!  are you F*$#ing kidding me?? $17 for a quesadilla??  So how easy would it be to bring in meat/cheese platters from a local grocery store?  Bring in our own liquor? Cake?  Is this something that can be delivered?  I am curious if anyone has had any experience with this or know of anyone who has.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: diy in-suite receptions

• Options
    I never had a reception in my hotel room in Vegas, but I did party a lot with my family when we went last year and we brought lots of alcohol and food to our room and nobody said anything. In fact, the belldesk helped us bring everything in our room! We stayed at the Imperial Palace, though... I don't know the rules for the other hotels...
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We had Jason's Deli cater our breakfast/lunch food on the day of our wedding to two suites; it worked out great and fed 20 people for <$150.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_diy-in-suite-receptions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:5d6b7a23-de8e-44a6-81b3-9fb13b508ef8Post:4c0b2e9e-551a-46d4-aa98-527939acf888">Re: diy in-suite receptions</a>:
    [QUOTE]We had Jason's Deli cater our breakfast/lunch food on the day of our wedding to two suites; it worked out great and fed 20 people for <$150.
    Posted by vegasgroom[/QUOTE]
    that's an awesome price!  I'll look into it  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Where are you staying?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_diy-in-suite-receptions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:5d6b7a23-de8e-44a6-81b3-9fb13b508ef8Post:99db9aea-2b54-4cd8-a273-2fde0bd8db52">Re: diy in-suite receptions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where are you staying?
    Posted by Pnutbutr[/QUOTE]

The Mirage is what we have planned
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kazzykazzy member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Depends on where you are staying, how rowdy you might get and how sneaky you are with getting the stuff up.

I did Whole Foods and Lee's Liquor, with a bartender running the bar at Mandalay Bay. Whole Food was shockingly affordable - meat and cheese platter, fruit and veg and a few mini cakes and tarts was super cheap. I can't recall the exact price right now, but the food from Whole Food was not out of line. There are cheaper places (Costco and Albertsons are additional suggestions to vegasgroom's of Jason's Deli) it worked out well for the vegans and vegetarians. At the time of my 2010 wedding, they had brochures online with their catering prices too, so it was easy to budget it out ahead of time and figure out exactly what I wanted too. I called one day to find out what cakes they normally made, and just ordered a few of those.

Anyhow, my suggestion is to have whomever is bringing up the booze and food to have some cash to slip to any bellhops or security or staff who get nosey, and try to keep it low key. Mirage is probably one of the OK hotels, but play it safe.

// Little Vegas Wedding blog - click for modern Vegas wedding inspiration, ideas and venues! //
    // Springs Preserve + Border Grill bride, May 2010 //

• Options
    hi icefog34- did you ever decide on who would cater your reception at the mirage?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards