Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Engagement ring on or off for ceremony?

I know the wedding band goes on first (closest to the heart) and then the engagement ring.... but during the ceremony do you wear your engagement ring or not?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Engagement ring on or off for ceremony?

• Options
    Glad I don't have to worry about figuring this one out. LOL. I told FI he could do either separate rings or a single ring. I know I'm not the first to have just ONE ring for both, because a friend's DH did the same at their wedding last year. So I won't be wearing mine, obviously.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm having my engagement ring and wedding band soldered together about a week before, like some of the other previous posters said. It's definitely a personal preference but I just like this idea because I know I won't want to part with my rings after the wedding to get them soldered. This way it's all taken care of beforehand :)
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Mine will be off, but we are incorporating the e-ring into the ceremony. After we exchange wedding bands, the officiant will say the following and FI will put my e-ring on my finger above my wedding band.

"The engagement ring is a symbol of promise and intention. Now the intention is realized and the promise has been fulfilled. Please place your engagement ring on "bride's name" finger over her wedding band to symbolize that the love that brought you together will always protect and sustain your marriage."
    November 2011 Brides Siggy Challenge: Me & FI

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Like some of the other PPs, I'm having mine soldered together before the wedding, so it'll all go on at the same time.  I originally wasn't going to, but then I decided on having 2 bands (see siggy pic) and I wanted them soldered and ready to go before we leave for our HM the next day so they don't all spin independently of one another.  Also, I think it easier to go without your e-ring, then to go without your e-ring AND wedding band after you are already married to have them soldered (if you plan to have them soldered, obviously)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards