Military Brides

What would you want to eat?

I'm getting ready to go to my first tasting at my venue next week and am so excited! My consultant asked me to pick three things that I am espcially interested so she can be sure to have those included in the tasting. I've already picked chicken and beef options to try, but I also want to do pasta option for the picky eaters in my family and any vegitarians. But I'm having a hard time deciding which sounds the most delicious... So if you were attending a wedding which would you rather eat?
Our baby! image Sadie
Anniversary

Re: What would you want to eat?

• calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might want to consider a vegetarian dish that can be prepared without cheese, in case you have any vegans or lactose-intolerant people who attend.

Most vegetarians I know hate pasta dishes at weddings because it's usually all they get - plain pasta with sauce.  They prefer something a little more creative, like a stuffed pepper or something with portobello mushrooms to add a little weight to the meal.  Or a risotto is often a popular option - similar to pasta, and easy to mass produce.  Perhaps a mushroom risotto?

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Thanks! FI and I don't think of any of our guests are vegetarians, but I know we could be wrong about one or two or there's always last minute lifestyle changes that some of our friends have a tendency to make haha. meatless pasta choices just popped into our heads first as we're trying to make sure all the bases are covered and please the picky...  I didn't even think about risotto or stuffed peppers! & I think the stuffed peppers might go better with the sort of flavors we'll have with all of our other sides and hor' dourves. Ugh I think I just love food too much! haha
    Our baby! image Sadie
    Anniversary
  • iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Calindi.  I would do something that is not pasta.  It seams that the only options ever offered to vegitarians are pasta or salad.  I would do something more creative.  I like the idea of mushroom risotto or stuffed pepper. 
    What are some of your other menu items?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • lizzi97lizzi97 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As a vegetarian, I don't mind the pasta so much, but try to include protein in the dish.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards