Florida-West Coast

aallenba- cake tasting questions

I was just reading some of the older posts and saw your post about your cake tasting. I called Alessi's several months ago to talk to them about a cake tasting and they suggested that I wait until the first of the year (2010) to schedule tasting for my march wedding (same day as you). I was just wondering how your tasting went? How far in advance did you schedule it? How long where you there for the tasting? Did you let them know ahead of time what cakes you wanted to taste?

sorry for all the questions- but when I talked to someone there they were kind of laidback about how all this worked and I wasnt prepared with all of these questions when I talked to them..

Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: aallenba- cake tasting questions

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_aallenba-cake-tasting-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:62Discussion:c415d633-be4c-4eac-a091-48bfa3d3195bPost:0f4bc3c5-5a97-400e-a9ea-edfe9ef9941b">aallenba- cake tasting questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was just reading some of the older posts and saw your post about your cake tasting. I called Alessi's several months ago to talk to them about a cake tasting and they suggested that I wait until the first of the year (2010) to schedule tasting for my march wedding (same day as you). I was just wondering how your tasting went? How far in advance did you schedule it? How long where you there for the tasting? Did you let them know ahead of time what cakes you wanted to taste? sorry for all the questions- but when I talked to someone there they were kind of laidback about how all this worked and I wasnt prepared with all of these questions when I talked to them.. Thanks in advance for your help!
    Posted by meredithe03[/QUOTE]

Our tasting went good, we were a little disapointed in the unprofessionalism in some aspects.

For example we had a 12 noon appointment and we got there at 11:30 and we checked in at the bakery counter (they don't want you going into the wedding cake office when someone else is there) and we waited and waited...then at 12:15 my FI went up there again to make sure they remembered we were waiting and we could hear her on the intercom saying "so and so..your 12:00 appointment is here" ..uh no we've BEEN here.

Anyways they girl gave us a list of cake flavors they do and I wish they had that online because you don't really get to sit there and think about it much. I'm going to have to call back and change the grooms cake to carrot cake because that's his favorite and I didn't see it initially on the list.

They bring out basic flavors and if you want something special like armaretto or almond you may want to tell them in advance so they can make it for the day of your tasting.

We really enjoyed the raspberry swirl but that was the only "non basic" flavor they had us try.

Our tasting took about 45 minutes all together and that included doing the grooms cake and paying for it and whatnot. We're pretty basic people so we didn't get anything too crazy.

If you give me your email address I can scan the flavor sheet and groomscake sheet that I got so you can see in advance what flavors you want to try.

Let me know if you have any questions.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much. Yes- please email me at meredithe03 at yahoo dot com

I was kind of hoping it would be a much better experience there. But I guess what do you expect from a cake tasting??

Really the only other place I am considering using is Publix, so I will see what the options are.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards