South Asian Weddings

Re: B&M Tuesday

• edited December 2011

Screw today! I'm just pissed!

• edited December 2011
    Boys are bad and girls are trouble.

Sorry. My relationship is getting better, but things are not going so well for some of my family. My parents are trying to get their divorce underway with as little contact with each other as possible, my youngest sister and her boyfriend are having problems, my cousin's crush just got himself a girlfriend and she's heartbroken because he was acting like he liked her too but was too shy to ask her out, my other cousin just found out that his girlfriend has been cheating on him. Therefore, boys are BAD and girls are TROUBLE and that's all there is to it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I feel like a giant fat arse today. No good. I might be overly hard on myself, or I might have finally seen what I really look like. EIther way, it's not making me happy today.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • temurlangtemurlang member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_bm-tuesday-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:430Discussion:b98a1292-e137-4c97-a1a2-279c49181eedPost:6dd97ded-ce47-433c-ae61-f9cac23d7e06">Re: B&M Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel like a giant fat arse today. No good. I might be overly hard on myself, or I might have finally seen what I really look like. EIther way, it's not making me happy today.
    Posted by raangoli[/QUOTE]

I feel that way too today... really hoping I'm just being hard on myself because I'm down.

Last week my dad had surgery.  He's recovering fine (which is such a relief), but he can't yet do a lot of things.  So I have been cooking extra food and driving it over, and taking care of his house.  He lives 45 minutes away, and has a large house and yard.  It's tons of work for me.  My brother LIVES there.  Can he lift a finger?  No.  His entire contribution is to call me and guilt trip me into bringing more food.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_bm-tuesday-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:430Discussion:b98a1292-e137-4c97-a1a2-279c49181eedPost:ce395e9b-56ef-4ebe-9320-37ab24397953">Re: B&M Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Tuesday : I feel that way too today... really hoping I'm just being hard on myself because I'm down. Last week my dad had surgery.  He's recovering fine (which is such a relief), but he can't yet do a lot of things.  So I have been cooking extra food and driving it over, and taking care of his house.  He lives 45 minutes away, and has a large house and yard.  It's tons of work for me.  My brother LIVES there.  Can he lift a finger?  No.  His entire contribution is to call me and guilt trip me into bringing more food.
    Posted by temurlang[/QUOTE]

That's just annoying! Can you guilt trip him?
  • edited December 2011
    Our wedding is 11 days away.  My mom and I almost had the entire seating arrangements done until my dad decides to step in and for once (in this entire wedding process) actually have an opinion.  We have been asking him to help, etc for months now and he acts like he could care less and his job is more important.  And now when things are almost done, he adds more stress by saying he wants to "mix and mingle" both sides of the family.  He wants my family to sit with "FI's" family so people mingle.  Which in theory sounds like a good idea, but is seriously so hard to do.  Most people who come to weddings want to sit with friends they havent seen in a long time, why would they want to sit with strangers?  And my dad is being super sensitive about this whole issue so looks like we have to redo the whole seating chart again.  So frustrating!! Small thing, but really annoying!
  • edited December 2011
    Ok, new one.

My computer. It wants to be thrown into the river. I swear it does. Damn thing caught a virus that my antivirus software didn't detect and now it just won't play nice.

I cannot start it in normal mode - only safe mode or safe mode with networking.

So I'm trying to see what files I can back up online and what can be saved, and I'm going to have R wipe it and start it over.

Grr argh.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_bm-tuesday-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:430Discussion:b98a1292-e137-4c97-a1a2-279c49181eedPost:f134f4e4-08c7-401c-8940-e1ced5f0eab3">Re: B&M Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Tuesday : That's just annoying! Can you guilt trip him?
    Posted by DFWIndian[/QUOTE]

LOL!  As far as I can tell, the brother is shame-proof!
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_bm-tuesday-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:430Discussion:b98a1292-e137-4c97-a1a2-279c49181eedPost:f62a8854-f760-4ab4-9e84-6664ff396364">Re: B&M Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our wedding is 11 days away.  My mom and I almost had the entire seating arrangements done until my dad decides to step in and for once (in this entire wedding process) actually have an opinion.  We have been asking him to help, etc for months now and he acts like he could care less and his job is more important.  And now when things are almost done, he adds more stress by saying he wants to "mix and mingle" both sides of the family.  He wants my family to sit with "FI's" family so people mingle.  Which in theory sounds like a good idea, but is seriously so hard to do.  Most people who come to weddings want to sit with friends they havent seen in a long time, why would they want to sit with strangers?  And my dad is being super sensitive about this whole issue so looks like we have to redo the whole seating chart again.  So frustrating!! Small thing, but really annoying!
    Posted by rsmehta[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, this isn't as bad as it seems.  No matter how well you planned, you would still have to adjust the seating chart at this point (late RSVPs, a fight between your aunts, etc.).  We had a number of people at our wedding who knew NOBODY else, or just 2-3 other people.  We also didn't want the room to look segregated lol, so we mixed people.  Tables usually seat 8-10 people, so you can seat people with their friends and new people.  One of our tables bonded really well and are now friends with each other... and many of them met for the first time at our wedding!
  • edited December 2011
    @DFW - I hope your day tomorrow goes better!

@Tem - I hope your dad starts to feel better soon! And that your brother learns to start helping. I say next time you should just drive by and drop the food on the door step and let him figure out what to do with it.

ExerciseMilestone
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_bm-tuesday-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:430Discussion:b98a1292-e137-4c97-a1a2-279c49181eedPost:749c8bed-e8e1-495c-a26b-72ddc82a2e5c">Re: B&M Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]@Tem - I hope your dad starts to feel better soon! And that your brother learns to start helping. I say next time you should just drive by and drop the food on the door step and let him figure out what to do with it.
    Posted by raangoli[/QUOTE]

LOL!  Last time I dropped it off (they live in the city, so I did go inside), and as I was leaving my brother ran after me yelling "how do I heat it up?  Which bowls go in the microwave?  How long do I microwave it for?" 

So today I told him he could do the 1 1/2 hours of driving and pick it up from my house!  He has not turned up...

Ladies, don't spoil your sons... this is what will happen!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm biggest complaint is I'm working hella long hours and we're leaving for Houston Saturday!!

FI tells me to knock it off because it's the practice's issue to figure out what the hell they're gonna do while I'm gone. This is what happens when you rely on one person to know and do everything. More correctly, this is what happens when you keep someone on-board who barely, VERY barely does her minimum, take all her other tasks away and let her do whatever she wants. I'm working longs hours to make sure my stuff is as squared away as possible....

Tomorrow, I get to have our current practice admin and the new one (whose first day is in fact tomorrow) sitting at my desk to essentially train them. Also, one of our former employees is working part-time while I'm gone. The fact that THREE people are going to be sharing my job is shocking?

FI says I need to let things at work fall where they may.

I'm thinking I may not want to go back to work when we return... scared of the disaster that will have happened in the 3 weeks and 1 day that I'm gone. FI says if you're worried, don't go back, lol!

Lastly, we hired a final month coordinator. Why am I getting emails and calls from the venue coordinator? Why does FI have to call our THREE caterers tomorrow?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_bm-tuesday-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:430Discussion:b98a1292-e137-4c97-a1a2-279c49181eedPost:7ab52e18-4673-436c-9090-7fc2d9d6c01b">Re: B&M Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm biggest complaint is I'm working hella long hours and we're leaving for Houston Saturday!! FI tells me to knock it off because it's the practice's issue to figure out what the hell they're gonna do while I'm gone. This is what happens when you rely on one person to know and do everything. More correctly, this is what happens when you keep someone on-board who barely, VERY barely does her minimum, take all her other tasks away and let her do whatever she wants. I'm working longs hours to make sure my stuff is as squared away as possible.... Tomorrow, I get to have our current practice admin and the new one (whose first day is in fact tomorrow) sitting at my desk to essentially train them. Also, one of our former employees is working part-time while I'm gone. The fact that THREE people are going to be sharing my job is shocking? FI says I need to let things at work fall where they may. I'm thinking I may not want to go back to work when we return... scared of the disaster that will have happened in the 3 weeks and 1 day that I'm gone. FI says if you're worried, don't go back, lol! Lastly, we hired a final month coordinator. Why am I getting emails and calls from the venue coordinator? Why does FI have to call our THREE caterers tomorrow?
    Posted by AquarianDragon[/QUOTE]

This sounds like my job! After I went to India for 3 weeks apparently it caused too much of a hardship on them. So now the new rule is no one can be off more than 10 working days!! It's stupid becuase I'm one of the only people who would take off that length of time.
  • edited December 2011
    Well, when I told the practice admin I was taking 3 weeks and 1 day off for the wedding and engagement, she actually asked me to cut down to 2 weeks. I told her if I went home and told FI that she made that request, he'd send me back to work with a resignation letter, last day June 3rd. She decided 3 weeks and 1 day off would be ok. I still told him what she asked though. He almosted died in hysterics about it.

It's stupid.... I go to work early, I stay late, I've come in on weekends (including this past Monday when everyone else was enjoying the holiday and FI was mad that I spent 7 hours in the office Monday). I also don't act all prima donna..... yet the practice admin asked me to only take 2 weeks off for wedding and honeymoon!?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards