Wedding Woes

Min

Where did you find good crawfish?

Re: Min

• The Boiling Crab.

H and I talked about asking if you would want to go with us some time.

My cw turned me onto the place. It is in a gross neighborhood, in a strip mall and the wait times are generally ridiculous....like, one to two hours. Oh, and the host was an off-duty police officer.

It was a funny ethnic mix, in that the place is Asian owned and operated and about half of the patrons were Asian. Then, you have about the other half filled with AA folks....from what I can tell from the reviews....it's a lot of folks like you....former NOLA residents, saying the crawfish are as good as anything you can get "back home." Then there was a handful of white folks.

http://www.theboilingcrab.com/

We got the Rajun Cajun spice blend, medium heat. H was talking a big game about how we could have gone up to XXX. I said, you have to remember, the heat builds. And sure enough, by the time we were on our third pound, he said his lips were burning. I still ordered a fourth pound. That's about when he tapped out.

The shrimp came with the head on. Service gets mixed reviews, but our waitress was good. The people watching is excellent. I was sitting next to some ladies who were gossiping about other ladies at church. I was totally eavesdropping.

It was so good. And I have had some good and some bad crawfish in my day. I am totally going to go back and would wait two hours for the stuff.
  • Get out! Yes, let me know when you guys go again.

I'm going to send my sister the link. We went to Razzos this weekend, and it was good for Dallas, but not like home.
  • This was like home. They put butcher paper on the table and bring you your food in a bag and you go to town. There was a group of women, who appeared to be family, sitting next to us and their server knew them....asking if they want "the usual."  I told H, we need that in our life.

H will be in town again next weekend, if you want to plan a visit :)

I got some crawfish at Papadeaux's and these were far and away so much better (and cheaper). If you are willing to wait, this is the place to be. (and before we wait, we should make sure to ask if they still have crawfish....I guess they run out sometimes).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards