Florida-West Coast

On the Beach Ceremony

Has anyone had a ceremony on the beach, not at a hotel , for over 150 people? I'm trying to figure out where exactly we can get married. We already have a reception venue, so we just need a place we can set up chairs and a tent on the beach. It has to be a white sand beach like in clearwater.

Thanks ladies!
577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary

Re: On the Beach Ceremony

• edited December 2011

I had my first wedding on the beach not with a hotel. The beach is public property, so anywhere there is a public entrance, you can have your ceremony. You just need to find a place with ample parking. However, because it's public, anyone walking by that wants to look or be obnoxious, there's really nothing you can do about it. You also have to make sure there's someone there to clean up right away, because once you leave anyone can take your rented chairs or tent.

Anniversary Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011

Sand Key Park has a gorgeous spot.

• edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Sand Key! :) You just need to apply for a permit!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • cmeyer3946cmeyer3946 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Honeymoon Island.  I interviewed them and Angela is great!  We decided to go the hotel route though.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    HI. It may be too far south for you, but I just booked our ceremony at the 8th Avenue South in Naples. It's only 30 dollars an hour for a permit and it's absolutely beautiful! Large palm trees line the aisle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards