September 2012 Weddings

Thinking WAY ahead..

So, I know this is ridiculous to even think about BUT...

I was lurking on the January 2011 boards at the start of the month to see what the girls were posting about on the month of their wedding and a lot of girls stopped posting! A few weeks ago, someone there even said something about how she was worried no one would come back... and then a lot of people never really did.

Do you think this will happen here? How will you feel?! Obviously my favorite part of wedding planning has been planning the day I'll be marrying my best bud, but I really like posting here, too!! I think I'll really miss this piece of it if it just stops.

SO, let's make a pact now haha We all come back and recap our big days. They'll be here before we know it and I want to make sure one of us says this before we get into the final countdowns!!

Again, this is ridiculous but I think about this stuff ;)
0403_0929W BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Thinking WAY ahead..

• there are probably alot of people on honeymoons too!  But I will def come back! I cant wait to see everyones pictures and how all the DIYs turned out!!
    January Siggy ****weight loss**** image Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited January 2012
    Thats what I was thinking the other day. Life is crazy right now with school and I do not post as much as I would like which makes me sad. In May I will start posting more but by then I think our weddings are right around the corner. I would love to stay connected and hear about everyone's honeymoon and how their actual wedding went. I know my FI and are trying for a family right away and I need someone to talk with about all that stuff and you ladies have been so easy to talk with.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I mean, I don't know what the other month boards are like but I think we have a really close-knit group of girls here. I know I personally am dying to see how everyone's weddings turn out, so you all better come back and AW pictures! Haha.
    Anniversary
  • I definetly want to see everyone's wedding pics and hear about honeymoons. Maybe our board could just "mature" into a life board on the nest (or the bump) lol

• Hey I'm ALL about the "mature"!!! LOLTongue Out
  • I agree!  I don't want the board to die just because we get married!  I want to see pictures, hear about honeymoons, babies and all that good stuff.  I'll be here for the long haul with the rest of the regulars who would like to be as well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  •  " I agree!  I don't want the board to die just because we get married!  I want to see pictures, hear about honeymoons, babies and all that good stuff.  I'll be here for the long haul with the rest of the regulars who would like to be as well!"

This!!! Would love to see the brides (& Momma's!!) stay in touch.
  • Me too!  I aint going nowhere :)
  • I started on a message board when I was pregnant with my son as a sort of support through pregnancy thing. Well, it's now over 6 years since I joined and there is still a core group of ladies who are still chatting daily. We've watched our children grow and we have such a special bond. Many of us, despite being stretched out from New Brunswick to California, have met in person. I myself met someone from Colorado :)

I really hope we can maintain this board/friendship for a long time after the wedding. I can't see how I could just forget about you all once the wedding is over; I feel like I've come to know you all and I want to know how life works out for you too :)
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Aw, I can't wait to see everyone's pictures and hear about their big days. I am planning to stick around, I would certainly miss reading posts and chatting with everyone.
    Anniversary
  • I love posting here too!  Maybe after the wedding we all have to move to thenest website :)
  • I don't know what I'd do at work all day if we stopped posting here.  I can't wait to see pictures from weddings.  I hope we still chat even after our weddings.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    220 image 123 image 21 image
  • i'm definitely coming back. i'm already nervous how behind i will be when i will be gone for like 9 days. i'm excited though because my wedding is on the 1st, which means by the time i get back, people will still be around because they won't have their weddings yet.

how long does TK hold on to the month boards? like in 2014 (so far from now) will it be gone? then where will we chat?
    Happily married since 9/1/2012!
    The Whimsical Wifey
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_thinking-way-ahead?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:437196a3-fba2-4776-b73f-5a3ec950454fPost:80ea3e26-f183-43a4-b484-062acfacc44e">Re: Thinking WAY ahead..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I definetly want to see everyone's wedding pics and hear about honeymoons. Maybe our board could just "mature" into a life board on the nest (or the bump) lol
    Posted by junebug19[/QUOTE]

Yes! I know there are past month boards on here that have doen basically the same thing!

I will for sure be back and AW  I can't wait to see everyones pictures!
    Sept 2012 Siggy:Bridesmaids' Dresses
    Bari Jay 911 in Raspberry
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hope we can all keep coming back, I really love talking to everyone and seeing peoples weddings and future lives come together.
  • I love posting here and reading updates from all of you!  I just love all of your enthusiasm and everyone is so sweet and helpful.  I know I will DEFINITELY need advice when the baby bump happens...so I'll still be here :-)
  • For one thing it becomes like an online family :)  Second of all it's like reading a book and not finishing the last chapter or continuing a series!  I plan a on sticking with it!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_thinking-way-ahead?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:437196a3-fba2-4776-b73f-5a3ec950454fPost:5c03e256-901b-4701-af07-b4c6bc4dd43a">Re: Thinking WAY ahead..</a>:
    [QUOTE] how long does TK hold on to the month boards? like in 2014 (so far from now) will it be gone? then where will we chat?
    Posted by kellycatalo[/QUOTE]

The Bump :)
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • I love this idea!  I would love to keep in touch with you ladies after we're all married. Plus, I have an unhealthy obsession with looking at other people's wedding photos, so I would definitely stick around to see pictures.  I stalk some of the local photographers' websites and FB pages, hoping to see new pics of people's weddings. I hope y'all don't think that's weird. :p
    Photobucket
  • Just wait til we start sharing pregnancy and child photos and stories... you think we're obsessive about weddings??? You ain't seen nothing yet! lol
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_thinking-way-ahead?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:437196a3-fba2-4776-b73f-5a3ec950454fPost:195a7239-55a1-4204-97f4-aa7436c36168">Re: Thinking WAY ahead..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love this idea!  I would love to keep in touch with you ladies after we're all married. Plus, I have an unhealthy obsession with looking at other people's wedding photos, so I would definitely stick around to see pictures.  <strong>I stalk some of the local photographers' websites and FB pages, hoping to see new pics of people's weddings. I hope y'all don't think that's weird. :p</strong>
    Posted by beckyboo27[/QUOTE]
    I keep image googling my venue to see if any photographers have posted any new pics b/c I've only been inside twice & can't go back until June & I'm going CRAZY about how to decorate!!! Seeing what other people have done calms me down. Anyway, I don't find you weird.
  • I am in, a suport group is always helpful and seeing each other's weddings finally coming reality is always exciting. I know I get great wedding advice from this board and the budget board on my wedding so having advice for future endevours would be nice as well. Plus how else can I drove my boss insane at work-i need something to do while my files update to our corporate site.
  • I'm not going anywhere :) 

I know with other boards I have heard of them just being 'Nesties' instead of 'Knotties' and having their own board there, we could definintely do that :) Besides, from what I've heard there have been FAR less bugs on The Nest lol 
  • wow, i totally didn't realize there were "anniversary" boards on the nest. awesome!
    Happily married since 9/1/2012!
    The Whimsical Wifey
  • I'll still be around. Besides, I really want to see how everyone's big day went. It would be like reading a book and not reading the final chapter.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Phew :) sorry I pulled a post and run. Work has been nuts since I resigned. I'm really happy everyone feels like I do. I can't wait to see how our lives progress... and it's crazy that a group of internet "strangers" became my friends. I love it!! And everyone :) (insert cheesy "awwww" here)
    0403_0929W BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards