Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Invite Officiant to reception??

Hi everyone
I have a question that I was hoping you all could help me with.  My ceremony is taking place at the same site as my reception, Tendenza.  We are having Bonnie MacDade as our officiant.  Are you supposed to invite your officiant to your reception?  Not sure what the protocol is here.  Thanks for your help!!

Lauren

Re: Invite Officiant to reception??

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_invite-officiant-to-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:b8cd3361-3ff7-4a1f-bb77-d841b981ce57Post:7247360c-dad1-40e0-ac1b-cc02d35eb258">Invite Officiant to reception??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone I have a question that I was hoping you all could help me with.  My ceremony is taking place at the same site as my reception, Tendenza.  We are having Bonnie MacDade as our officiant.  Are you supposed to invite your officiant to your reception?  Not sure what the protocol is here.  Thanks for your help!! Lauren
    Posted by jbjrulz1981[/QUOTE]

I have heard that you should invite your officiant and his/her spouse as well.  I am using Bonnie also and was planning on inviting her plus a guest (not sure if she is married or not).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The answer is yes, you should invite your officiant to the reception. Bonnie isn't married but I do believe she's seeing someone (I gave her a +1). She declined to come to my reception.
    Anniversary
  • I"m inviting my priest to the reception.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • So then should I mail her an actual invitation or can I just informally invite her? She told me last night that she is getting married so I would invite her and her significant other.

Thanks for your help everyone!!
  • I'm planning on sending her an invitation as if she decides to come, I will need to know what her and her guest's entree will be!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_invite-officiant-to-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:b8cd3361-3ff7-4a1f-bb77-d841b981ce57Post:93ecc7f1-b3ff-4963-b2c2-12b484a9cb81">Re: Invite Officiant to reception??</a>:
    [QUOTE]So then should I mail her an actual invitation or can I just informally invite her? She told me last night that she is getting married so I would invite her and her significant other. Thanks for your help everyone!!
    Posted by jbjrulz1981[/QUOTE]

<div>Send her an actual invitation because like jojo said, you'll need to know food choices.</div>
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards