Louisiana-New Orleans

Rehearsal Dinner in Metairie/Kenner/Elmwood

We are looking into potential locations for our rehearsal dinner and I'm trying to get the best value I can since we want a nice experience but don't want to strain my futher father-in-law's wallet.  Can anyone think of anywhere in Metairie/Kenner/Elmwood that I haven't looked?  Or does anyone have any good or bad feedback?

Smilie's
Don's Seafood
Vincent's
Brick Oven
Impastato's
Acme Oyster House
Landry's
Austin's
Messina's

We originally thought of Don's Seafood but were a bit turned off that only their most expensive menu is available on Friday and Saturday evenings and that if it is a "busy" time they would require a minimum number of people which we would not meet.  So far my front runners are Vincent's or Smilie's if my fiance and his father don't decide to splurge on Don's.  Thanks in advance!

Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.

Re: Rehearsal Dinner in Metairie/Kenner/Elmwood

• mluttrell314mluttrell314 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chad's Bistro is afforadble and yummy. .... They are on West Esplanade near causeway.  My Girlfriend had her college graduation luncheon there on a Sat. during the day and it was great. 
    Also check out the Italian Pie on jefferson highway, i went to a shower there before and thought it was a good room for private parties.
    Another thought would be the grotto in Harahan but you would have to have it catered...
    Hope it helps. good luck
  • edited December 2011
    Drago's is conspicuously missing from your list.  As far as Metairie restaurants go, it's the best in my opinion.  The oysters are to die for and the rest of the food is great.   You're probably looking at about 20 per person for entrees that come with a salad.  They have a private room upstairs.  I'd give them a call if you haven't yet. 

• edited December 2011
    I second Drago's. We're considering it for our rehearsal dinner, and stopped by to eat there last time we were in town. The staff was cool/helpful and the food was pretty good. The charbroiled oysters are a must as a starter for your guests, it's what they're known for (for good reason!)

Also, Smilie's is pretty good from what I remember. Food was good, space and decor were good the last time I went there. I will say that last time I was there was pre-Katrina, but I don't think it flooded or anything. If you're considering it, def stop by to have a meal and check it out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • meganb1977meganb1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the feedback!  Chad's Bistro looks like a good value and I wouldn't have thought of them.  Drago's did cross my mind, and when I looked after seeing the suggestion I was impressed by all the different selections on their banquet menu.  I think we'll have a few suggestions by the time my fiance gets together with his father and the two of them will make a good choice.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • edited December 2011
    My sister used Vincent's and I think it was pretty reasonable, they even let us bring in our own wine instead of paying to have a bar open.
  • AvrilmaiAvrilmai member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having our's at Vincents. It's a good menu and they're very willing to work with you
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I have no idea how much my in-law's spent on our RD, but it was at Austin's and it was GREAT! The dinner was amazing, atmosphere was great, and we were very well attended to! We had never been there before but I already told my husband I want to go back for our anniversary :)
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards