Just Engaged and Proposals

Hogwarts Express

I'm not newly engaged but I've yet to post our proposal story, it's been a crazy couple of months, but I think it's terribly romantic.

A little back story, my boyfriend and I are huge geeks, star wars, comic books, you name it, we obsess over it (except star trek), we have been dating for over 5 years, high school sweet hearts, made it through numerous tragedies, heart aches, and have been made stronger for it.

Any way, I recently started nagging him about getting married, not knowing that I was actually getting through his thick skull, I started seriously thinking about getting married, and very unlike him, he was taking it really well (no clue though).

In December we went on vacation with his family, all nine of them, and they took us to Universal Studios.  I was beyond excited to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, I was so excited.  We we got to the Hogwarts Express, and his parents told us they wanted to take a picture of just the two of us, okay cool, nothing werid about that.  As we were getting ready to take the picture he starts rumaging through his pocket and I look at him and said "What are you doing?! There are people waiting to take pictures!"

Just then he got down on one knee and pulled out the box...

I had no clue! He had been planning it for months, the diamond 1 ct antique from his grandmother set in silver because I'm allergic to nickel (which is what makes white gold white, and I am not a fan of yellow gold), it's so me... He knows me better than I know myself, my bestfriend, my partner, my soul mate.

That's how geeks get proposed to I suppose.  :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Re: Hogwarts Express

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards