Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Flights to the Mediterranean?

My FI and I really want to go to Italy for our honeymoon; although, Greece or Turkey would be fine too (and I know it's cheaper in Greece). We want to backpack through Italy, so we're not worried so much about the cost of things once we are in the country...But it is really expensive to get there! Italy (no matter where in it you go) is one of the most expensive places to fly from the US. A travel guide I read a while back suggested flying into a different country first and then heading into Italy from there.

Has anyone here tried vacationing near the Mediterranean? Where did you fly into? How did you go about searching for the cheapest flights? I know that you can get cheaper flights if you book at the last minute, but I don't like the idea of taking that chance with my HM. Any other advice?

Re: Flights to the Mediterranean?

• Options
    I've been to Nice, France.  We flew into Brussels and traveled France a bit by train before getting down to Nice.  It was a gorgeous place, by the way.

I remember trying to get tickets to London a few years ago and it was definitely cheaper to fly into Amsterdam than Heathrow or Gatwick.

Europe has an excellent rail system.  If you find cheaper tickets into mainland Europe, getting over to Italy shouldn't be too difficult by rail. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards