Honeymoon Discussions

BELIZE a possibility... need some info/advice please!

Has anyone been to Belize for HM or vaca? We're taking our HM in December, and I just started looking into it. As I mentioned in another posting, my FI def. wants more than just a beach getaway, and Belize looks amazing (as recommended by some other members!) Has anyone been here? Where did you stay? I'm looking at this resort:

The "Jungle/Beach" package looks like so much fun. I think my FI would love staying in a treehouse in the jungle (and so would I!) and we'd still have some time on the beach as well.. it seems like a win win? Can anyone else give me some imput on this resort, or one you stayed at... things you did in Belize etc?!
196 Invited image
104 Ready to Rock! image
92 Party Poopers image
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: BELIZE a possibility... need some info/advice please!

• Haven't been there but heard good things from a lady who worked in the office at the apartments where I used to live, that it was beautiful and you could feel the ocean breezes when you were on the coast and it was never too hot outside.  Although I'm sure she was biased since she used to live there :-)
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  •  i posted something last week about Belize...there are a few comments with lots of great ideas...I recommend you look at the post...its titled "Belize...on $3000"
  • I haven't been but I have family who has been multiple times. They rave about how amazing this resort is:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I was in Belize City for a day on a cruise a few years ago. We ended up doing an excursion and went four wheeling through the jungles, which was about an hour drive away from the port. I'm glad we did the excursion because I felt that where the port was wasn't the best area. Much of Belize is very poor. Much of it is also very beautiful if you are into outdoorsy nature stuff.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • teachermegsteachermegs member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    We went to Belize for our HM and stayed at Caption Morgan's Retreat on  Ambergris Caye. We did the zip-lining and cave tubing when we were there. 
  • I've posted this yesterday for another Knottie on this forum... so just gonna copy and paste here for you:

Belize is doable on a 3K budget. We went there in June 2010 for a vacation. We stayed at a resort (Black Orchid) about 15 min. outside of Belize City. The resort was just a small, family-owned resort next to a river. The people were friendly and they offered all-inclusive packages. Our package included tours, meals and rooms. I believe, we paid $1400 for 5 nights. We went to waterfalls, mayan ruins, zipling, cave tubing, etc...it was adventurous and very beautiful! Then we flew over to San Pedro and stayed at the Victoria House for a few days (they upgraded our rooms for free, since we went during off season). It's one of the most romantic resorts we've been to... people were so friendly and attentive. We went snorkeling with little nurse sharks and rays... it was incredible. Belize is beautiful - we would love to go back there. It's also getting more popular nowadays, so go now, before it turns into a tourist mecca. :)
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I just got back from the exact place you are talking about and did the Jungle/Beach package.  WE LOVED IT!  I would recommend the jungle first.  It's a great way to get introduced to the country through adventures and knowledgeable tour guides.  Great food served family style at the lodge which is also cool because you get to meet other staying there and possibly make new friends.  The beach part was in an amazing house called Villa Verona in Hopkins.  It was a great experience but slightly different.  Only breakfast was included in the package so lunch, dinner and other acitivities were on your own and we loved that!  it really allowed us to explore, hang with the locals, etc.  It was such a laid back village...it was nice to have the excitement of the jungle but then be lazy around the village/beach.  Send me a message if you want more information and recommendations on how to pack, etc.  If you want some adventure, this is definitely an awesome trip!  We would do it all over again!
    Wedding bliss since January 14, 2012!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards