Maryland-Baltimore

Make Up Artists

Any good recomendations for make-up artists?  The one I saw at the Baltimore Bridal show was nice but I think a little pricey, and I don't know anyone else.  I'm looking for someone who is easy to work with and won't cost me an are and a leg!

Re: Make Up Artists

• edited December 2011
    Nicole Palermo.  First off, the woman is the nicest, most upbeat, kind lady you are going to meet.  She is just the person to have around you on your wedding day.  Secondly, she really knows how to do good makeup.  She did my makeup, four junior maids, 6 bridesmaids, my mom and my aunt without breaking a sweat.  Three months later, people still keep talking about how good my makeup looked.  Look her up on weddingwire or any bridal site...people love her!  Good luck with your planning.

Her website:  http://www.happilyeverafterllc.com/

Dr. Googs is married to Mr. Pelvis. Happily ever after!
  • edited December 2011
    Megan with Baltimore Bridal Makeup.  I've only had my trial so far, but she was fantastic!
    Vacation

Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for asking this I was going to post about the same! thanks for the recomendations ladies :-)
  • edited December 2011
    All the prices I've seen have been comparable to or even more than Baltimore Bridal - I think you're just going to be shocked at how much hair and makeup costs.

With that said, I've heard great things about Up Dos for I Dos (they have MU artists too). I'm using a girl named Erica who has a company called Silver Immersion. If you google either of these, you'll find their sites. These two, Baltimore Bridal, and Nicole Palermo were all similarly priced.

If you really need to go lower than that, I would find a salon that has a makeup artist and go to the salon the morning of your wedding. All the above suggestions travel to you, which is great, but definitely bumps up the price. If you're having your whole wedding party done, some of the above may offer a group discount.
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto pp - Nicole Palermo is definitely a board favorite and extremely talented.  Another name I see mentioned a lot is Amie Decker.  Check her out at:
    http://amiedeckerbeauty.com/

Good luck gals :)
  • TrishPATrishPA member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lori Nansi, I believe she is on the knot now too I saw her on wedding wire and she seems so nice and has tons of reviews. 
  • edited December 2011
    Lori was very uprofessional in dealing with us for our upcoming wedding. Not only did the sound excited about our wedding, we got all the way to writing up a contract even without a makeup trial. As I waited for her to check if all the details in the contract were okay, she emails me back saying she went with another bride. I thought she was very unprofessional in her conduct, she did not let me know that she was working wiith someone else, and I sent her the contract , but she did not reply back. I did not want post such a negative review and I left all this behind, but I felt compelled to when she screwed over my friend for her wedding. Just one month before her wedding date, Lori mentions that she may be 1.5 hrs late to work on her for her wedding stating that "traffic" may be an issue. I am not sure how she predicted that in advance. Even so, if you know traffic is an issue, you have all the means to leave early to get to your appt on time. She then emails back saying, "I am going to send my assistant". My friend asked for her deposit back and Lori said since the bride is cancelling, she can keep the money. Hello, you are breaking the terms of your agreement, its courtesy to give the deposit back if you cannot make it in time and can only send an assistant. That in my opinion is very unprofessional. My friend was stranded and had to find a new makeup artist just one month before her wedding! Be careful before you pick your makeup artist. She has great reviews on Weddingwire, and she may have been good once, but right now, she is unprofessional in her behavior and as a bride, you will be stressed. Her new company name is La Mariee. I am not sure if the name change can be attributed to bad reviews or something. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards