Not Engaged Yet

Putting house on the market!

I met with a realtor today that I really like. I am going to list with her - probably within the next week or two! I am a little stressed though. This means it's FOR REAL and I will be moving away from my friends and the city I love. I also have a few repairs to finish before I move (and no time to do them) and will likely take a loss on the sale, so I have to put money together.

It's a little freaky to write a bigger check to SELL a house than to BUY one but it is what it is... AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Sorry - just need to vent a bit. Now YAY!!!! Also needed to celebrate a bit. I guess I'm all over the place!

Re: Putting house on the market!

• edited December 2011
    Good luck!  And congratulations!

Here's to the next adventure. 

• Soon2BJeterSoon2BJeter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh Wow!!  That is a HUGE step!!  I'm still finishing up on a few renovations before I officially put my house on the market...  We're pretty much in the same boat it sounds like!  Good luck and yes, definitly calls for a celebration!!
  • babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Luck and best wishes with your new venture!
  • bajedivabajediva member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow! congrats! i can imagine that this whole transition will be very intense, but how amazing that you are getting closer and closer.... Smile
  • paintgirlpaintgirl member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I just talked to bf about the realtor. He is hestitant to weigh in too heavily on these things because it's my house and I'll be the one writing a check at the end of the day. But he agreed that this one seems like the best so far - like we have the same pricing strategy and plans. We were both a little "holy crap I could be closing in 90 days!" going on but ... It's exciting!! So exciting. And I re-caulked my bathtub since she left so I'm down to two projects before I list.
  • edited December 2011
    Two projects is NOTHING.  Unless one of them happens to be remodeling an entire bathroom or kitchen.   

Sending you house selling vibes (and super price vibes.) 
    edited December 2011
    LOL the two projects are
    1) replace about 20 feet of cable (it's old, been painted over a million times, and I took it down months ago with the intention of replacing) and put a cover over the wires to the TV and
    2) replace about an 18 foot run of trim in my loft (and paint the trim).

The projects will take an afternoon. Otherwise the house is clean and tidy - ready to roll!

I'm apologizing in advance here ladies. I might be a bit of a cluster over the next few weeks. Have I mentioned I'm on the road - either bf's or work - starting mid-March for 4-6 weeks? Crazy crazy times....
  • edited December 2011
    I know exactly how to get you through your traveling time. 

The thought that when it is all over, you will know the sex of my baby.  Thank me now for that amazing inspiration.  Kiss
  • edited December 2011
    LOL Mutley. That is amazing inspiration indeed.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Jeanna, I try to help.  Really, I do.  I can't help it.  I am sugar, spice and some things nice.

Between being a part-time sex therapist and solving Paint's traveling issues, I am just an all-around do-gooder today. 
    edited December 2011
    Yes Mutley you are a friend indeed! :) Thanks for all the good wishes. I'm so excited!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards