Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Bridesmaid dresses

Is it possible to really pick out dresses that they can wear again??? Please if you have time will you post pics of what your girls are wearing:) thanks

Re: Bridesmaid dresses

• Options
    edited December 2011
    This is what my girls are wearing.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    This is what my girls are wearing, only in navy.  I hope it's rewearable, I think it's super cute but who knows.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    J.Crew has some really cute dresses that can definitely be worn again - you might want to check out their website. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine were from DB. I know that one of my BMs is already planning on wearing hers to her own rehearsal dinner in the spring. I would wear these to a picnic or garden party, myself.

If you click on this photo, you can see it better & bigger.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My girls got theirs at DB also. I did black short dresses (their choice of 3 but I think all chose strapless) and then a pink (our wedding color) sash.  A few girls have plans to wear them agian (minus the sash); work christmas parties next year, fundraiser events
  • Options
    Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's definitely possible if you pick a flattering cut, short dresses are usually more "re-wearable", but if a long dress is simple enough and certain materials, they could easily be shortened. Also, like PP mentioned, J Crew has some great dresses, as well as Ann Taylor. 
  • Options
    jowens020jowens020 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

JB, I love that dress!  Where is it from?

started TTC 5/10
    me: PCOS DH: low motility
    clomid 100mg - no response
    clomid 200mg +HCG+ IUI #1 5/1/11 = BFN
    clomid 200mg +HCG+IUI #2 5/31/11 = BFN
    Clomid/HCG/IUI #3 Cancelled Follistism + IUI x2 BFN Changed RE Moving on to IVF 11/2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh ekobs... LOVE that dress!!! 

So now I have to find one of your bridesmaids, one of EriLou's bridesmaids, and theive my way to a new wardrobe. ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_bridesmaid-dresses-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:07a5c02a-6225-49c6-a242-392195cc6f97Post:a5935d2e-848e-4442-b0f4-48f86d340278">Re: Bridesmaid dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]oh ekobs... LOVE that dress!!!  So now I have to find one of your bridesmaids, one of EriLou's bridesmaids, and theive my way to a new wardrobe. ;)
    Posted by evseidl[/QUOTE]

SO true...EKobs, do you know that I have been pining for that dress ever since I saw your post about it? I'm dreaming of the purple one for DH's company party in NYC...
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks ladies :)  Sara, the one that's like a wine color? I love that!  It made me wish I had a fall wedding.  DO IT!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_bridesmaid-dresses-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:07a5c02a-6225-49c6-a242-392195cc6f97Post:432028b7-76d6-4a40-abfb-bd5e4971ce76">Re: Bridesmaid dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks ladies :)  Sara, the one that's like a wine color? I love that!  It made me wish I had a fall wedding.  DO IT!
    Posted by EKobrenski[/QUOTE]

Yes!!! I LOVE it! :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yum!  And sorry I forgot the "H"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Coren Moore has so many cute dresses. Other than that like pp said, normal stores like J Crew and Ann Taylor are great.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having issues posting a pic, but my BM dresses are in my bio. I totally think they are "reusable" and all my BM said they are def wearing them to another wedding or special event.
    Marieke & Michael 5.14.10 Loving life with our 2 boys Anthony (3.22.08) and Dominic (due 2.14.11)!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_bridesmaid-dresses-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:07a5c02a-6225-49c6-a242-392195cc6f97Post:5cbf6ee8-4590-465c-b3a7-c995c2e7ae0a">Re: Bridesmaid dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]JB, I love that dress!  Where is it from?
    Posted by jowens020[/QUOTE]

Thanks! It's After Six #6550 (#6572 in stretch charmeuse).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My girls got their dresses from Alfred Angelo. Since they were able to pick their own style, I'm hoping they'll all have a chance to wear their dresses again. Pictures in Married Bio.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    These two dresses are the ones I chose for my BMs and the BM dress I'm wearing for FSIL's wedding in February.  Both are from David's Bridal and very rewearable in my opinion.  The long style obviously isn't AS versatile, but it will work for a formal wedding or party.  And the short one looks amazing on - it's a great party dress and I plan on wearing it on our  honeymoon cruise.

10.10.10 Bride! Our Bio Updated 9/26
    image 129 Are ready to party! image 29 Party Poopers!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    KMT CAS, where did you find a sample of that dress, I have been looking for a Jim Hjelm store that has that sample.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the best way to make BM dresses wearable again is to avoid trends (e.g. bubble hems) and accroutrements that make BM dresses look like traditional BM dresses (e.g. big satin contrast sash and bow). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards