Outdoor Weddings

Having second thoughts on colors. Opinions?

We're getting married July 27 field that's surrounded by woods and the building for the reception is adjacent. Right now our colors are a dark teal/ yellow/ and gold.

How do you gals think it's look? I was thining bridesmaids in the teal and the groomsmen in a brown vest, but loike i said I'm having some second thoughts.
PersonalMilestone Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Having second thoughts on colors. Opinions?

• what were you thinking to change colors too
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_having-second-thoughts-on-colors-opinions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:b1304f16-1a1a-4a59-bbb4-edb5d04077a2Post:f2dee307-b4fb-42b9-8f77-0851eace40d7">Re: Having second thoughts on colors. Opinions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]what were you thinking to change colors too
    Posted by southerncutie[/QUOTE]
    That's a good question.... maybe just get rid of the blue and do shades of yellow? like pale yellow-gold-rust?
  • what do you want the feel of wedding be? casual, woodsy or nature or traditional.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_having-second-thoughts-on-colors-opinions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:b1304f16-1a1a-4a59-bbb4-edb5d04077a2Post:408f9ed6-f947-4c0b-9f87-b7d2177020d6">Re: Having second thoughts on colors. Opinions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]what do you want the feel of wedding be? casual, woodsy or nature or traditional.
    Posted by southerncutie[/QUOTE]
    It's a fairly informal outdoor wedding with a lot of DIY elements. I would like to incorporate the nature theme into it a little bit though
  • i would do warm tones like bright yellows golds and a more light teal or brighter teal.  hope that makes since .
  • What were your other thoughts on color / what were you think of using instead?

For the current color scheme, I would keep a shade of teal --
    1.  It keeps the overall feel on the "summer" side (vs. a more autumnal feel)
    2.  It flatters a wider range of skin tones because it has both blue and green in it

I also like your idea of using the teal for the bridesmaid's dresses; yellow and gold flowers (or yellow flowers tied with gold ribbon) would "pop" nicely against it.
  • The teal looks a bit strong for it imo. Maybe a tad bit lighter, cause the gold is dark already. BUT, it depends on your theme. Also the shades of yellow with the gold and teal sounds great, would balance out the nature around your ceremony.
  • i think it looks like fall colors to be honest. I would try and lighten it up. lighter teal lighter yellow etc...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The color scheme is pretty but seems more fall colors then summer colors. You could go with a sage which would go well with the earthy tones of the woods. Or go with brighter version of what you picked out.
  • I think the shades of yellow and gold would be so so pretty in the nautral setting that you are having..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards