New York
Options

Wedding Musicians

Does $550 for a string duo (cellist & violinist) sound normal or high?

It includes all of our ceremony music, a half hour rehearsal with our singer, the violinist being present at our wedding rehearsal, and mileage.

I'd appreciate your thoughts!
Anniversary

Re: Wedding Musicians

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That sounds accurate if they are "professionals". I was quoted $675 for a trio for the ceremony and the cocktail hour.
    However, I posted on the Eastman School of Music in Rochester gig website and got tons of responses from graduate students who play weddings all the time, and we ended up choosing a trio (two violinsits and a cellist) to do the ceremony and cocktail hour, (plus travel to Canandaigua) for $575. I am super pleased with this, just because they are in graduate school they are less expensive, and use it to build their resume, but we watched several videos of them playing and they are awesome, and I'm really happy with the cost too!
     If you are interested in any info, just page me here, or our month board (I hang out there more frequently).
    Photobucket
    image 169 Made the cut!
    image 137 Are ready to party! image29 Are missing out! image 3 Are making me crazy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're paying 600 for a quartet but only for the ceremony. We are using Clinton Street Quartet. This was really important to me so I was williing to pay the extra cost to have reliable music. My sister had horrible music at her wedding and she said it was her biggest regret!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies.  Good to know!  I feel better now.  :-)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards