Florida-West Coast

Venues

Ok, So I asked for information from a couple of places... Only problem is what do I look for? ha ha I know people talk about hidden fees and stuff like that... but what are they?

Re: Venues

• edited December 2011
    like do they charge for cake cutting, do they add in gratuities, do they charge you for extra time spent at place, are you restricted from photographing certain areas, etc.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    If you're having your wedding at a hotel, make sure to ask about parking.  I know Sirata on SPB charges your guests $8 to park unless you negotiate something in your contract.
    Brooke + Chavis
    est. 10/10/10

Photobucket CafeMom Tickers
  • LindsayB2217LindsayB2217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WE're going with the Sandbar or the Beachhouse on longboat as of right now...
  • mego36mego36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Room fees! We're being charged room fees for the beach ceremony, the cocktail hour room, and the ballroom.  And...there's a service charge and tax on the room fees! Talk about hidden!!!!
    TTC #1 since 09/10
    Me: 32 DH: 34
    5/17/11 SA- count 38 mil, low motility, traces of white blood cells (2 weeks antibiotics)
    6/16/11 SA- count 23 mil, low motility, referred to urologist
    dx varicocele
    DH ultrasound
    6/27/11 SA- count 101 mil, 36% motility, 5% morphology
    IUI #1 50 mg Clomid: Back -2- back: 7/27/11 & 7/28/11 = BFN
    IUI #2 100 mg Clomid: Back -2- back: 8/25/11 & 8/26/11= BFN
    IVF #1(Ganirelix, Follistim, Menopur) ER 11/16/11,ET 11/21/11= BFP 11/29
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I tried to get free Chiavari chairs and hit a brick wall (the hotel doesn't own them and has to rent them themselves), so I "settled" for free chair covers and ties.

I asked about the cost for children's meals and said I wouldn't pay $50 for chicken fingers - so they cut the price in half.  Still a lot, but better than full price.
  • edited December 2011
    We welcome you to check out Barrington Hill Farm.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards