Jewish Weddings

*Rainlaurel*

Hey...how is the planning coming along. We just met with Barry tonight to go over the menu and finalize stuff. He is REALLY helpful with picking the menu. We decided tonight to have a bedeken which means the cocktail hour will start at 11. Is that what you are doing??

Re: *Rainlaurel*

• edited December 2011
    My parents really want the cocktail hour to be after the ceremony.  So, we're going to just have a very brief tisch from 11:00 to 11:20.  In the meantime, I'll be in a private attending to the bride.  At 11:30, our service will start.  At 12:10, our cocktail hour will start.

We are going to be meeting with Fred on Thursday, May 27.  Barry seems really nice though!
  • edited December 2011
    Would you miind sharing with me your menu?  Thanks!  Also, whom are you using for hair?
  • edited December 2011
    I typed up the whole menu and it didnt post!!! They are SOOO helpful with picking the menu so dont worry. We were so overwhelmed because there is so much to choose from. Barry made it so easy. Im using my hairdresser. He is sleeping at the hotel the night before.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, unfortunately, I don't have a hairdresser yet!  Thanks so much for trying to post the menu anyway!  I'm glad to hear that they are good with helping to choose the menu.
  • edited December 2011
    Do you want my hairdressers phone number? Hes really good!! And he will stay in the hotel the night before so that hes there bright and early. What are you doing for favors?? I realllllly wanted the sushi bar, but its $10 per person. :(
  • edited December 2011
    Is your hairdresser good with very thick, curly hair? What are his prices?  Are you paying for his hotel room the night before?  We aren't doing favors.  How about you?  We are going to give benchers and kippot.  Thanks for letting me know the price of the sushi bar.  Do you know the price of any other items with an asterisk?

Thanks!    
  • edited December 2011
    My hairdresser is great with all types of hair. He actually teaches people how to do hair. When i went for my trial, I said do what you want. And i love what he did! When he told me that he was staying at he westminster, I offered to pay for his room. His name is RJ and his number is 201-343-3838. His salon is located in Hackensack. I know the lamb was $12 per person! Its crazy! And you have over 200 people so its pricey. Barry was nice enough to through in the caviar station, which is also extra! It also nice because my fiance is russian and his family loves caviar.
  • edited December 2011
    That's great to hear!  I will give him a call to find out about his pricing.  That's very nice that Barry threw in the caviar station.  How did that happen?
  • edited December 2011
    Tell him that Dana referred you. I believe the bride is 150 and the bridesmaids are 100. I just told Barry that I realllly wanted the caviar so he was nice enough to throw it in. I wish he would of thrown in the sushi lol. Are you doing bathroom baskets?
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, this other woman with whom I have a hair trial has less expensive rates.  I'm going to see how it goes, but thanks anyway!  That is next Friday night.  If it goes well, I'm set.  She was recommended by my makeup artist. 

How did you wind up working with Barry instead of Fred? 

We are getting passed desserts!  So, that's something nice that Fred threw in before we signed the contract.
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, my mom is putting together the bathroom baskets thankfully!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards