New York-Hudson Valley

hair/makeup suggestions for Poughkeepsie area

I'm starting to look at hair and/or makeup for my wedding in Novemeber @ the POK Grand...anyone have any suggestions?  I'm looking into Salon 52 across from Marist...anyone have any good/bad reviews of them?  I don't necessarily need them to travel if they are local.  I will definitly be having my hair done, and possibly my makeup, depending on the price....

Thanks!

Re: hair/makeup suggestions for Poughkeepsie area

• ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I go to a salon that is very close to the Pok Grand on a regular basis...Hot Locks...they have some stylists there that do wedding hair.

Also, i had my makeup done by Arlene from the MAC counter at Macy's at the Galleria and loved her (someone else on this board did too).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    i am getting married at POK Grand in November too!! friday the 18th!! When is your wedding?? 
  • edited December 2011
    November 11th!!!!!   Congrats to you!!!
  • edited December 2011
    If you girls want to save money, this is what I did. I went to Capri in newburgh and had a student do a hair trial on me (18 dollars) and her work was exactly as the picture I gave her so I booked her to do mine and my bridesmaids hair at the Grand for my August wedding. The girl Danielle is charging me 60 dollars per girl since she's not from this side of the river and gas is pretty up there. Just thought I'd throw it out there as a suggestion.
  • litlstar8litlstar8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My SIL used Chelsea and another girl from Salon 52. They did a really nice job but they charged for flower girls after they said they wouldn't and my mom felt they were "snippy" when one of the girls asked them to fix a flyaway. They charged around $75 per girl and $150 for the bride, I think. 

My hair looked exactly like the picture I brought, though, and stayed curled the whole night (a miracle for me!) 

I am using Hair by Annaliese (from Salon Verve in Hopewell). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards