Michigan-Detroit

sweetheart bakery?

Has anyone had any experience w/ Sweetheart Bakery for a wedding cake??

Re: sweetheart bakery?

• Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't, but that is where we are getting ours because my son's friend works there and we are getting a deal. But then, I'm not really that fussy as long as it tastes good.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks.... I've had some of their birthday cakes, cupcakes, etc. Just not sure how well they will do with the wedding cake. This is the only dessert we will offer, so we want to make sure it tastes good.
  • Melgor78Melgor78 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking about using them.  There good but they only offer basic flavors.  The one on hall road staff seemed to know what there were doing more than the one at 14 mile.  There's another location but I haven't been there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    edited December 2011
    OK, the 3rd location is the one my son's friend works at. If you are going there, ask for Christina, and tell her "Matt's Mom" who is getting married sent you. She is sweet as can be, and I think even she thinks that some of the other locations don't live up to HER standards. She brings sweets all the time, and they are really good.
    The other location is on 19200 Kelly Rd near Moross in Harper Woods. # 313-839-6330.

I ordered a wedding style cake 10 years ago for my parent's 50th anniversary. It was decorated the way I wanted, and tasted fabulous. I think you have to keep in mind that they started primarily as a bakery, not a *star* wedding cake place. We aren't getting the top of the line cake, with fondant and all that stuff.

FYI, another place to consider is Old Village Bakery on Mound Rd just south of Chicago Rd in Warren, or 4917 Rochester Rd in Troy. Info on ordering here, with link to pics:

http://www.oldvillagebakery.com/WeddingCake%20General%20Info.html

• edited December 2011
    Thanks Sue. I visited the location in Shelby last week. The lady there was very helpful. She told me though, that they dont make the wedding cakes there. I can order it there but it will be made at the Kelly location. Maybe I will just go there (Kelly) instead, to do the ordering.
    edited December 2011
    Also, poached this from the budget wedding board. I have NEVER considered Walmart! :

I have been worried about the price of wedding cakes lately with my budget getting cut since my FI got laid off.  On a tip I went to check out cakes at wal-Mart today.  I am so glad I did!  They have a special wedding cake book behind the counter in the bakery dept.  We picked out a 3 tier cake with rasberry filling, butter cream frosting and alot of piping all over it.  It is absolutly my dream cake!  The total cost was $138 and it feeds 118 people (138 if you use the top tier but we plan to save it)  Very budget firendly! 

Hope this helps someone else stay within their budget!  they do other flavors of filling also!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Sue!!! Maybe we'll check it out :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards