CandiStarr
Not Ranked
Joined on 10-19-2009
Philadelphia, PA
855 Points
CandiStarr is online. Last active: 11-18-2010, 1:22 PMNewbie

Help Me! Is this normal

Hello All:

I recently had a baby girl, who is so wonderful and full joy.  She is soon going to be 8 months.

But, as of lately I find myself wanting to get pregnant again.  My pregnancy was great with one exception.  DD's father was on house arrest and I don't feel that I really enjoyed my first pregnancy as much as I could.  He was able to go to all the appointments, and saw DD birth.

But, I find myself thinking that I was still cheated out of the full experience of him doing the midnight runs for cravings, shopping together, etc.

He has two children from a previous relationship, and really doesn't want anymore children.  But, I do!  I know if I were to get pregnant again, he would just be on board.  However, I feel guilty because I want to have another so soon.

What should I do, is there a support group for women that miss being pregnant.  Worst of all what if the feeling doesn't go away after possibly having another child.

and

My significant other was on house arrest for a DUI.  He was pulled over, and the police found a bottle in the car from a night out at a BYOB resturaunt.

I want more children, and my daughter was not planned.  However, she is the best unplanned surprise of my life. I really don't want to leave him because I want more kids, and he doesn't.

Which is why I said:  That he would be on board should it ever happen again.  Neither one of us believe in terminating pregnancy.

br>imageimage
IF/Baby Blog
2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!
TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

Re: ::snort::

• edited December 2011
    Women of the world are sooooooo confused.
  • DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

So was he actually drinking and driving? Or was there just an open container in the car?  (I mean, based on the rest of the post, I am guessing actual DUI, but it's just unclear.)

And yes, this chick has issues.  I miss pregnancy, too, but it's not because DH would make midnight ice cream runs for me.

• loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just read the first part of this, and then my jaw hit the desk and I couldn't continue.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Good grief.  Can we start stealing babies from idiots and redistributing to those better equipped to raise them?
  • notamrsnotamrs member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_snort-20?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:e716dcfd-45cb-4154-8bd8-e944974d16b9Post:b9b69bc1-b0ed-4232-8ffc-6af945ec072a">Re: ::snort::</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good grief.  Can we start stealing babies from idiots and redistributing to those better equipped to raise them?
    Posted by 6fsn[/QUOTE]

co-signed.
  • HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    So.many.questions.

Why would you marry someone who doesn't want any more kids if you do?

I think it's HIGHlarious that she basically wants another kid so he'll go baby shopping with her and run to the store for her.  I mean, can't they just shop for the 8 mo old and send him out for Chunky Monkey without knocking her up?

This is what I meant in that post below, it's never "it would be great for Baby to have a sibling close in age" or "another baby would add immeasurably to the joy in our family," it's all "I want, I want" me-me-me. 
  • baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    No sht, 6. House arrest. I lost my eyebrows. 
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Head + desk...repeat over and over.

I'm with you 6.  Jeebus, Mary, and Joseph.

• Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know, Heffa. Hell, I'm pretty sure my uterus has no contents (maybe some cobwebs) and I can get H to go shopping with me AND go pick stuff up if I'm craving/just need something.

Also: I will admit this post made me think they aren't married. I feel like an ass, but I just assumed she's 19 and he's more like 30.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_snort-20?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:e716dcfd-45cb-4154-8bd8-e944974d16b9Post:6934af57-bb02-4c9a-b526-59add97c09fa">Re: ::snort::</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know, Heffa. Hell, I'm pretty sure my uterus has no contents (maybe some cobwebs) and I can get H to go shopping with me AND go pick stuff up if I'm craving/just need something. Also: I will admit this post made me think they aren't married. I feel like an ass, but I just assumed she's 19 and he's more like 30.
    Posted by Butter Cookie[/QUOTE]
    CandiStarr is surely her stripper name.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_snort-20?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:e716dcfd-45cb-4154-8bd8-e944974d16b9Post:b452bb4f-9b9b-4b18-bd61-9fa1147f7d2c">Re: ::snort::</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just read the first part of this, and then my jaw hit the desk and I couldn't continue.
    Posted by loveshine1[/QUOTE]

I'm on board with this.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    BC- I assumed they were unwed too.  Nothing assy about that.
    edited December 2011
    Y'all are right, reading comprehension FAIL on my part.  She refers to him as her SO, not her H.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards