Utah

UTAH PHOTOBOOTH CO. VENDOR WARNING

My husband and I got married June 19th. We were SO excited for our photo booth because it was supposed to be a fun and new way to make a guest book for our guests to sign. We chose Utah Photobooth Co. because their prices were the most competitive. It was a HUGE mistake. I believe the photo booth is run by two gentlemen, one who's name is Tyler. We hired them for 3 hours of service, which does not include the set up and take down. We told them we would like the booth to be operating from 7-10 pm.

Utah Photobooth Co. arrived on time, but did not start setting up until 7:00. It took aprox. 30 minutes to set up. Then, the photobooth did not work for about 45 minutes. By this time, several guests had come and gone, and missed the photobooth, and the guest book signing. When it was finally set up and working, it was fine, however, they started to take it down at 9:30! It was supposed to be running until 10:00, plus they were late setting it up and getting it to work!

My grandfather wanted to get in the booth as it was being shut down, and the young man running the booth said "well let me call my wife and let her know I'll be late so you can take your picture," in a very mean and crass tone. It was very unprofessional and uncalled for.

As a result of their poor planning and service, there were only a fraction of the guests who were able to take pictures. When we called Tyler afterward to discuss our concerns, he did not seem to care. He was not apologetic in any way, and basically told us to deal with it because it was our decision to hire them. I was so disappointed and sad. I cannot ever get those back, and I really wonder how many people missed the opportunity to sign our book because of Utah Photobooth Co.'s lack of care and professionalism.

Re: UTAH PHOTOBOOTH CO. VENDOR WARNING

• jbrow375jbrow375 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good to know! We are thinking about renting a photo booth for our upcoming wedding in October, and I had looked at these guys. I am glad that you took the time to tell your story - and I will simply mark them off my list.

Jessica
  • roobee1roobee1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for sharing this so others won't make the same mistake. I'm so sorry for your bad experience!!!
  • edited December 2011
    That is terrible! Thanks for the warning-I've been looking at photo booth rentals as well.  You should definitely try to get a partial refund!
  • edited December 2011
    I had a friend who had a similar experience with Utah Co. We rented a photo booth for my wedding from Serendipity Photo booths and it was awesome. Two couples own the booths in utah county and are really flexible and laid back. they stayed extra after for free to ensure that all the family had taken a sufficent amount of pics and threw in  a really cool prop box. we researched prices for a long time and they def. blow every other photo booth out of the water. at first, we wondered if we were paying for less quality, but we were surprised to know that there photo quality is actually better than other booths we'd seen bc they don't use ink jet printers and use professional printers to decrease costs. it was our best wedding splurge. everyone loved it!
    www.WeRentPhotoBooths.blogspot.com
  • edited December 2011
    I just used Utah Photobooth Co for my wedding 3 weeks ago and they were great! I did the whole reservation over email which was nice since I was in school and working full time while planning a wedding. Tyler was easy to work with and there were no problems. The booth was at the reception before I even got there and it was up for plenty of time after the reception ended so straggler guests were able to still take pictures. The picture quality was great, the booth was roomy enough to fit a wheelchair plus 6 adults and I have yet to stop receiving comments on how awesome it turned out. I would recommend Utah Photobooth Co to anyone planning a wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards