Gay Weddings

Commitment Ceremony in Florida

I partner and I planning a wedding in Florida September 2011. We live in Michigan and this will be a destination wedding for us. I know we still have awhile to go, but I am obsessed with at least deciding on the location where we will have the ceremony and reception. Our first thought was west coast sunset wedding, but we were later told that the waves were small, and the point of our beach wedding is to get married with the big waves of the ocean crashing on our feet. So then we thought of the east coast but someone told us that Florida Panhandle (Panama City Beach) was the best of both worlds, it has the beautiful sunset and larger waves. I also must have looked at every hotel/resort/reception site in all of florida. We are looking for some place that we can have the ceremony and reception at the same place AND outside and the reception site needs to have access to the beach. (after all, this is a beach wedding) At this point I feel super overwhelmed. Please any advice is welcome!!!

Re: Commitment Ceremony in Florida

• Kgrimes2008Kgrimes2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My partner and I are getting married at the Holiday Inn Harbourside on Indian Rocks Beach (Clearwater, FL). If you wanna check it out, go to hiharbourside.com. If you call, ask for Elizabeth Ottani. She is incredible! It is located on the bay side, but the beach is like a 2 minute walk across the street (its on like a small inlet of the bay...) It is a Key West style resort with great food, and a open air atmosphere. There is a bar and a resturant called Jimmy Guanas on site (which is where our rehersal dinner is...). We are having a day wedding which is costing us $2800. This includes food, table linens, and all kinds of free services, including some absolutely beautiful free sites around the resort to have the ceremony if you wanted to.. If you wanna know more, e-mail me at Kgrimes2008@gmail.com and I can give you more details about the area.
  • edited December 2011
    Did you find your venue?

Carol McKnight
    www.euphoriaaffairs.com
  • nicknuttncnicknuttnc member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went on a website called purpleunions.com and found some good wedding ceremony sites.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Great News!!  Good Luck to you!!

Carol McKnight
    www.euphoriaaffairs.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards