New Jersey - South
Options

The Westin Mt. Laurel Wedding Cakes

Hi Ladies,

I was really hoping someone might be able to help with this one...

I am having my wedding and reception at the Westin Mt. Laurel and when we signed the contract Classic Cake was one of the bakeries they used for the included in price wedding cake.  They informed me that they recently changed and are using Isgro's in Philly and Diane's La Patisserie out of West Berlin/Cherry Hill.  I've gone to both websites and as for wedding cakes was not impressed.

Has anyone recently had their wedding at the Westin and can comment on the wedding cakes?  Has anyone had any experience with wedding cakes from either Isgro's or especially Diane's La Patisserie?  Any suggestions/reviews would be most helpful!!

Thanks in advance :)

Re: The Westin Mt. Laurel Wedding Cakes

• Options
    ev4149ev4149 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got a cake and pastries from Isgro's in Philadelphia for my engagement party.  Everything was delicious.  I can't speak to the quality of a tiered wedding cake, but everything that I did try was wonderful.  I would go down there and talk to them, they are very nice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Now I'm really pissed. Our reception is at The Westin as well and I thought the cakes still came from Classic Cake Co as well. I'll have to check out these 2 new bakery's website. My mom has a sit down with Melanie tomorrow, so I'll make sure she brings this up. Ugh, these people are REALLY pissing me off.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mayalandrusmayalandrus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info about Isgro's ev4149!

@ 2010Bride2be, I was really disappointed.  I went on both websites and let's just say the quality of the pictures don't compare to what I know classic cake can do.  So, I am going to call Diane's La Patisserie and set something up.  I think I will try her because I just didn't feel like going into Philly.  I will let you know what I find out.  I am also going to ask Melanie if I go on my own with a baker can I get credit toward something else for the reception. *sigh*
  • Options
    lynzy333lynzy333 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Westin is REALLY pissing me off.  My parents just left there because if I went it would not have been pretty.  Melanie LIED to me when we booked in MAY and is changing her story to cover her ass.  I am BEYOND disappointed and now my day is going to be messed up becuase of her.  rant will be posted....UGH!!
  • Options
    mayalandrusmayalandrus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

lynzy333,

I just read your other post!  I am so sorry you are having these problems.  You know I didn't even ask if I was having other weddings running into mine...thanks for the head's up.  I would just say that remember, you will be marrying the love of your life on that day.  Don't let her make you sad about your day.  Its going to be great, it really is.  I know several people who have gotten married at the Westin and they say that when it comes down to the day, it all goes beautifully.  I will be thinking good thoughts for you :) Hang in there!!!!

• Options
    lynzy333lynzy333 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks....I really would hope so....but when we planned everything and booked our OTHER vendors, we planned based on a timeline so we could take our pictures during our cocktail hour and not be taken away from our reception (I DONT want that for me or my guests, and sadly the grounds at the westin, SUCK, and im having BOTH ceremony and reception there so I was told Id have up til a certain time to use a location for pictures and now she is saying that is incorrect. Umm,  there are three people or remember you telling us this face to face and that is how be booked OTHER VENDORS around that.  I think she is changing her story to cover her a$$ because she screwed up.  I understand there are going to be little hiccups, but seriously, this is NOT supposed to be one of them.  Im so disappointed.  I had given them such good reveiws, and right now, I would NOT recommend based on my current experience.  Im not happy....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards