September 2012 Weddings

Show me your...

Ok, so a friend showed me a theory of hers the other day, and I'm starting to believe it to be true lol

Her theory was you can tell a lot about a person by their dishes... SO... show me the dishes that you're registering for, OR , if you haven't registered/aren't going to register for dishes, show me the set that you love most and would love to have in your home.

Here's the set we registered for, FI and I both love them!

Re: Show me your...

• This is an awesome idea! We haven't registered yet, but I will see what I like and post here... teehee  My other idea was to actually post what kind of car we drive! I thought that would also show some personality! ;o)

• adktd2bootsadktd2boots member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012

It's Pfaltagraff Cayman
    Target has one very similar too, but it's on clearance so I couldn't add it to the registry.  I really just wanted to buy it right then and there.

ETA: Target 

Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • Here's what we registered for at Crate & Barrel

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_show-me-your-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:f6656ba9-971e-4935-bb3f-e6f7b6313895Post:edb6b6b3-821f-49d1-bd22-eb2dbbc904fa">Re: Show me your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is an awesome idea! We haven't registered yet, but I will see what I like and post here... teehee  My other idea was to actually post what kind of car we drive! I thought that would also show some personality! ;o)
    Posted by romamor4[/QUOTE]

Sounds fun.  Mine is DIRTY!  :)
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I have no idea but I like this idea!
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I want a wine themed kitchen so I want the red version of this but FI likes the blue.  I like the blue too just not for what I'm going for so it is still in the air.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_show-me-your-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:f6656ba9-971e-4935-bb3f-e6f7b6313895Post:f0d1ac7e-296c-49f2-88ec-5d2930bdc913">Re: Show me your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want a wine themed kitchen so I want the red version of this but FI likes the blue.  I like the blue too just not for what I'm going for so it is still in the air.
    Posted by volleygurl0306[/QUOTE]

Why not do both.  If they're the same shape you can use both and compliment each other, kinda like Fiestaware.

I actually have 2 similar Pfaltzgraff patterns on ours, because I think they compliment each other.
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I don't know either! We're registering in a couple of weeks so we'll have to do an updated thread! =)
  • Everyday...

Fine China...
  • FI and I fell in love with a really pretty set at BB&B and then the girl told us that it was known to chip very easily so she showed us this set and we both liked it right away.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    220 image 123 image 21 image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_show-me-your-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:f6656ba9-971e-4935-bb3f-e6f7b6313895Post:6d597ec0-5bda-42de-ba30-0ee064a04e2b">Re: Show me your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know either! We're registering in a couple of weeks so we'll have to do an updated thread! =)
    Posted by morenachica110[/QUOTE]

Maybe we'll have an active mod soon and can get this pinned for a bit so people can keep adding to it :)  Unpin it down the road
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_show-me-your-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:f6656ba9-971e-4935-bb3f-e6f7b6313895Post:74efc903-77d1-4969-9b88-c2c4b22466ae">Re: Show me your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Show me your... : <strong>Why not do both.</strong>  If they're the same shape you can use both and compliment each other, kinda like Fiestaware. I actually have 2 similar Pfaltzgraff patterns on ours, because I think they compliment each other.
    Posted by adktd2boots[/QUOTE]

Hmm maybe we will...Though compromise!?  psssh I need to win haha.  Jk :-)  He always pulls his sarcastic chauvinism of how the kitchen is the woman's room in the house so I tried using that to my advantage for once and said it was my choice.  He actually cooks more than I do though
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_show-me-your-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:f6656ba9-971e-4935-bb3f-e6f7b6313895Post:acd552ac-15dc-4149-8a44-0ce63a91d7e2">Re: Show me your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI and I fell in love with a really pretty set at BB&B and then the girl told us that it was known to chip very easily so she showed us this set and we both liked it right away.
    Posted by Sarah&Eric2012[/QUOTE]

<div>Whaaaa??? That's gorgeous!</div>
  • Here is ours! We didn't want to do China bc we feel like we'll never use it!

So, we have a pretty nice set of casual dishes, and wanted to find something that was totally different than what we already had. Here is what we picked!

Sept. 2012 May Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon
    Greece (Athens, Mykonos, Naxos, Santorini)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • we haven't registered yet but these are our everyday plates that we fell in love with on a random trip to BBB:

my favorite part is that the pattern continues a little bit on the inside of the mug!
    Happily married since 9/1/2012!
    The Whimsical Wifey
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_show-me-your-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:f6656ba9-971e-4935-bb3f-e6f7b6313895Post:0e0311dd-5f7b-42e5-b2ed-bab4664ca41d">Re: Show me your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]we haven't registered yet but these are our everyday plates that we fell in love with on a random trip to BBB: my favorite part is that the pattern continues a little bit on the inside of the mug!
    Posted by kellycatalo[/QUOTE]

<div>Ooooh, I LOVE those, Kelly! FI wanted square ones too! We may have to look into these!</div>
  • adktd2bootsadktd2boots member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I don't think I registered for actual "sets".  I think I just did 12 plates and bowls.  We never used the mugs growing up, always had other mugs- and I thnk I'll still do the same.  I have my "favorites."
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • This is ours.  It's the Lenox French Pearle in Pistachio. Kinda vintage, kinda rustic looking.  We registered for the serving dishes that match it in white.

image180 image85 image8 Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • These are the dishes we are registering for: Vera Wang Naturals Graphite

And the China we picked out as well: Lennox Opal Innocence

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited February 2012
    we did fiesta ware in turquios, cobalt,lemongrass and shamrock. here is a kind of a badly made mash up picture.

If I didn't already have China and we were registering for it, this is what I would have chosen this first:

Kate Spade Grace Avenue

if not I now FI would have goen for this:

Kate Spade Larabee dot.

Sept 2012 Siggy:Bridesmaids' Dresses
    Bari Jay 911 in Raspberry
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't post too terribly often due to being extremely busy with being in graduate school, but I love this idea!
    We aren't doing fine China, but registered for these for everyday use:

Anniversary
  • This is so fun!

Here are our everyday dishes from Pottery Barn:

And our China is Lennox Silver Applique Collection:

I didn't think I even wanted china until I saw this pattern..I just love it!
  • We're also skipping china in favor of an everyday set. Right now we're leaning towards Fiestaware so we can mix and match. I can't decide on colors though.

The main reason I like the Fiesta ware is that you can get separate pieces. I do not wants mugs since we have neat individual ones and never use them, and I want both deep cereal bowls and wide pasta bowls.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have absolutely no clue.  I have a feeling that registering is going to be really hard for me.  FI and I talked about it for 2 minutes awhile ago and I think we're just going to go with plain white dishes.  That's about all I got...
  • I have no idea what we'll register for.  FI and I both have very different tastes in things like that.  It took forever to find a bedding set we agreed on.  I'm guessing he'll veto all of the ones I like "cause they're too girly" and we'll end up agreeing on something neither of us loves, but we can both tolerate.

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

• We are not doing china just more of an everyday look. I really wanted square byt FI hates the look the square ones so this is what we settled on.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This thread is coming at just the right time for me as Macy's has discontinued the everyday dishes we registered for. Going to check out some of the sets you ladies posted.

My Everyday Set: (Discontinued Now :( )
    Macy's The Cellar Dinnerware - Stems Square 4 Piece Square Set

China:
    Lenox Chirp Square

Anniversary
  • Laur110 - In LOVE with both of these sets!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We did not register for China because we are going to get FI great grandma's. I did an everyday set and some extra bowls, plates, and mugs. 
    64862_157110774322536_100000708424779_312151_6782220_n Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards