Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

best "all natural" shampoo?

i recently learned that a lot of ingredietns in commercially made shampoos and conditions are really bad for your health.  so i tried using baking soda as a shampoo (read in on a bunch of blogs) and lemon juice as a conditioner.  it makes my hair feel so weird! my scalp feels kind of thick and my hair feels like straw.  i'm going to start using store bought stuff again but I don't like all the chemicals that are in them.  Any suggestions?  My hair is about ear length, thick adn wavy.

Re: best "all natural" shampoo?

• It depends how natural you want to go. Most brands these days have a natural shampoo, but you have to be careful. 

I'm like the Rainforrest Haircare from The Body Shop. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • I actually can't stand the Body Shop products!  I find them hard to rinse out and the ingredients too hard to read.  Thanks for the suggestion though:)
  • I've heard that argan oil or olive oil make good conditioners. Women used oils in their hair for thousands of years,so that seems like a good bet. Currently I only use argan oil as a conditioning treatment, but it works pretty well. 
  • I like Trader Joe's Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa shampoo and conditioner. It smells lovely and my hair feels soft and not so rats-nesty like some natural shampoos. I do have to use more of it than traditional shampoo, but it's lasted me a long time and it's pretty inexpensive.Just a note, most natural shampoos leave your hair feeling differently than what you're used to with commercial shampoos. They don't usually lather, either.
  • Have you heard of Arbonne?  They sell skin care, make up and health products that are botanically based free of animal by-products, petrolium by-products (i.e. mineral oil, etc) sulphates, formaldyhde and other harmful additives found in TONS/most North American products.

Their shampoo and conditioner is amazing - based using kiwi and carrot cells, it smells fantastic, cleans excess oils from your scalp and leaves your hair soft and shiny.  You also get a lot of "bang for you buck" in that a little goes a LONG way.

You can buy it from www.arbonne.com or through someone who consults.  If you don't know a consultant and just buy it on it'd be appreciated if you'd use ID # 115528108 when it asks for the consultant ID!

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh wait! I used to use this brand Dessert Essence? They're super natural, and their raspberry one is amazing. I used to get it at Whole Foods.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards