Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

how early can reserve venue?

My daughter is not getting married until 2014.  I live out of state and will be visiting this March.  I would like to look at some of the venues she is considering.  One place I contacted said they were sure the price would be different in 2014 and they don't book more than a year out.
My question is how far out do most venues book?  Here in the Pacific NW the best venues are booked out more than a year.

Re: how early can reserve venue?

• Options
    My venue, the Filter Building, will book around two years out, and you pay the amount based on when the event is, not necessarily when you book. For example, the prices jumped for 2012, so even though I booked it in 2011 I had to pay the 2012 amount.

I think it is very different for every venue. You may want to call each place and ask their policy.
  • Options
    It does vary by venue. I agree with calling to see what their policy is, but a lot of venues here are booked at least a year out.
  • Options

It does vary by venue. I've narrowed it down to 2 vendors and I'm unable to book them. One of them is 12 months and the other is 14 months. I will hopefully be able to book my venue in April. It seems many are about 12 months out. Kind of frustrating because I can't really do much until I have that set.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I agree that it also varies by venue and that you or your daughter will need to contact each venue she's interested in and ask.  Some venues will not book more than a year out while others will book more than a year out with no reservations.  Some venues will set your price when you book while others will state that you pay the price that is valid the year of your wedding date, which means you could face a price increase after signing the contract.

We booked our venue over a year out and our price was set when we signed the contract (ie, we do not pay the increased 2012 pricing).  GL!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We booked our venue 14 months out, and we also paid the price as of when we signed the contract.
  • Options
    We booked ours 13 months out, and we paid the price the venue had set at the time we signed the contract.  Their prices went up by the time my wedding came around, but we were locked in.
  • Options
    I think a lot of places will do about 18 months out, but probably not much more.  A lot can happen in two years on either end of the contract. 
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards