Maryland-Baltimore

Intimate wedding location - Westminster, Carroll County MD

I moved from NJ a year ago and I don't know a whole bunch about the area here. My fiance and I are having a small wedding about 25-35 people in June-July (date tbd). I'm looking for ideas for a small intimate wedding. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks!

P.S How the heck do I sort for the most recent posts on this site? The posts range from an hour to a year ago

Re: Intimate wedding location - Westminster, Carroll County MD

• I wish I could speak more to the rest of the area but I'm not from there. my wedding is in a barn at the union mills homestead. The garden is very suitable for your intimate ceremony and there could just be the tent outside the barn or something if you find the barn far too large unless you get creative with the space 80by 30 feet. It's beautiful if you like rustic, very affordable just 700 rental and for so few guests you could get away with the pricier menu which is just above 40 per persn. I have the cheap menu and I'm in the mid 30s. Google union mills homestead Ewing for a recent wedding with pretty pics
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • To be clear this is in Westminster, like 6 miles north of the main town but still Westminster
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • If you are okay with a small bit of travel, Antrim 1844 in Taneytown would be nice. I am sure they are already fully booked for weekends in June and July, so you'd probably have to be okay with a week night. You could also check out Liganore Vineyards and Elk Run Vineyards, both in the Mt. Airy area. They both have nice spaces for smaller groups and beautiful outdoor ceremony options. If you want something casual, Piney Run Park has pavillions for rent and numerous gorgeous views that would make for a lovely ceremony backdrop. It is such a great park. love it! I have no idea if they would rent out the nature center, but that would be a really neat activity if they did.
  • Ty so much ladies!
  • So, we're searching & searching for the right place for our ceremony & reception.  Flowers & greenery a must with enough space to hold 150-200 guests.  We prefer to choose our own caterers which eliminates quite a few places.  We are looking in & around Baltimore including Harford, Howard, & Anne Arundel counties.

Swan Harbor Farm in Havre de Grace, MD is our 1st choice currently, but I have read many reviews expressing distaste for the unfriendliness & unprofessionalism of the staff.  Has anyone had an experience @ SHF he/she would be willing to share?

What about Cylburn Arbetorium?

Any input? Advice on venues that may fit above qualifications?

Thanks kindly,
    Paul & Erica
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards