Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Want some new ideas

Brief back story: I'm adopted and it's an open adoption so my birth dad, T, has always been part of my life. My adopted dad, A, has been one of the most important people in my life and I love him to death. Recently though me and T have been getting a lot closer.

I know I want A to walk me down the aisle but I really want to include T in some special way. I don't really want him to walk me half way or have one on each arm because I really want to dedicate that moment to A.

Any new ideas for how to include T?
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Want some new ideas

• You could split the father/daughter dance or you just pick a song and dance with him at your reception with the other guests.  Please don't do 2 father/daughter dances.

Could he possibly do a reading for your ceremony?
  • Are you having a ring bearer? Could T hold the rings and bring them up to the alter when the priest asks? There could be a special moment to bless the rings while he's up there with both of you and your rings-symbols of your marriage and lifelong dedication to you and your FH?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love the idea of subbing him for the ring bearer!
  • I like the split father/daughter dance idea.

• I like the idea of him being the "ring bearer" he could also sign your ML as your witness instead of moh signing it. thats what i am going to ask my brother to do for me since he isn't doing any wedding party stuff (he is shy)
  • how lucky is the girl who has 2 fathers to walk her down the aisle?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • When I got to the front of the church, I gave my mom a kiss on the cheek before my dad officially gave me away - maybe you could include T like that? For some reason I'm not loving the split father/daughter dance - probably for the same reason as the split walk down the aisle, but definitely make a point of dancing with him early in the evening. A might have a few ideas and then you wouldn't have to worry about hurting his feelings.
  • In Response to Re:Want some new ideas:[QUOTE]how lucky is the girl who has 2 fathers to walk her down the aisle? Posted by mrsbobfilson[/QUOTE]

I wanted to "like" this as in FB style. Lol.
    Very much agree! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards