Indiana-Indianapolis

venue trouble :(

Im having a mardi gras theme wedding next summer. either june or july .Im lookng for a spot(indianapolis) that allows outside catering and possible outside wedding ceremony and inside reception. Ive look into community life center but there dates are crazy. so if anyone can help please feel free to write back or email me. donyetta.howard@gmail.com . i will have 150-200 guest. would love to bring own bartender but its not a must( as long as they can serve hurricanes). Im just looking for a reasonable price venue. i rather splurge on our honeymoon. thanks, please helpEmbarassed 

Re: venue trouble :(

• edited May 2012
    I am having my reception at the Sterrett Center in Lawrence Township.  It is absolutely beautiful and has great photo opts in walking distance for group photos.  I am not sure about a wedding but there is so much grass and area available, anything could be possible.  The cost is $800 plus tax to non-residents but it allows for outside catering and alcohol.  It has hardwood floors, a full kitchen, and so much more if you are interested I have some photos I took for planning purposes and could send those in an email!
    I hope this helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_indiana-indianapolis_venue-trouble?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:611Discussion:93ef278b-941d-4718-a8d6-79289f65ef2bPost:4976eb1c-1dfa-46cc-b8b4-45943e25451a">Re: venue trouble :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am having my reception at the Sterrett Center in Lawrence Township.  It is absolutely beautiful and has great photo opts in walking distance for group photos.  I am not sure about a wedding but there is so much grass and area available, anything could be possible.  The cost is $800 plus tax to non-residents but it allows for outside catering and alcohol.  It has hardwood floors, a full kitchen, and so much more if you are interested I have some photos I took for planning purposes and could send those in an email! I hope this helps!
    Posted by busyPAD[/QUOTE]

What is provided at the Sterrett Center? Tables?Chairs? Do you bring in all of your own linens and dinnerware? Thanks!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_indiana-indianapolis_venue-trouble?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:611Discussion:93ef278b-941d-4718-a8d6-79289f65ef2bPost:4976eb1c-1dfa-46cc-b8b4-45943e25451a">Re: venue trouble :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am having my reception at the Sterrett Center in Lawrence Township.  It is absolutely beautiful and has great photo opts in walking distance for group photos.  I am not sure about a wedding but there is so much grass and area available, anything could be possible.  The cost is $800 plus tax to non-residents but it allows for outside catering and alcohol.  It has hardwood floors, a full kitchen, and so much more if you are interested I have some photos I took for planning purposes and could send those in an email! I hope this helps!
    Posted by busyPAD[/QUOTE]

please email them to me sorry it took long. my email is <a href="mailto:donyetta.howard@gmail.com" rel="nofollow">donyetta.howard@gmail.com</a> thanks
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_indiana-indianapolis_venue-trouble?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:611Discussion:93ef278b-941d-4718-a8d6-79289f65ef2bPost:d5ed6782-8055-4ac2-ba50-eee94fd38219">Re: venue trouble :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: venue trouble :( : What is provided at the Sterrett Center? Tables?Chairs? Do you bring in all of your own linens and dinnerware? Thanks!
    Posted by erin6194[/QUOTE]

There are 19 round tables, 8 8' tables, and 152 chairs.  Yes, you would have to provide all of your lines.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i'm getting married at avon gardens.  you can bring in an outside caterer and alcohol.  you rent tables, chairs, linens from them.  it's gorgeous.  not sure what dates are available next year.  i'm getting married may 18.
  • im looking at adaggio in greenfield, you have to get insurance at avon gardens to serve alcohol
  • 1040gurl1040gurl member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    has anyone look into the indy art center in broad ripple. its affordable and nice. they provide tables and black chairs. indoor andoutdoor venue. perferred cater list can bring outside vendor just extra $500. any music played outdoors has to be off by 10 some rule. 5hrs for 2 events and 4hrs for one event. out by 1am
  • Just for your information I went with my sister to look at venues for her 40th anniversary vow renewal and we saw 2 rooms at Clarion Hotel Waterfront on the west side. She is having a smallish ceremony and reception, about 50 to 70 with an afternoon dessert buffet, no dj or meal. I was pleased with the rooms, especially the ballroom (not the grand ballroom, too big) and was blown away by the price they quoted her.

For the ballroom for the whole day (even though she only wanted it for 4 - 5 hours) and the mini dessert buffett ( bite size) coffee and iced tea, a server, the tables, chairs, table cloths and napkins, a mic for the ceremony, set up and tear down, (I mention this only because several other places charged an extra $100 for this) for 70 people was under $1000!

I thought this was so reasonable that I had to let  all you who are looking for a cheap venue know about this. The only draw back I could find is that there is no real "ambiance"  its pretty generic looking hotel conference style.
    The other places we looked at (all parks dept ones today) would have been that much just for the rental; black metal folding chairs, no linens; no set up and no food!

Just wanted to share the info!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards