Rhode Island

Aruba Food Cost?

I posted this on the honeymoon forum but I know a lot of my local knotties are frequent visitors to Aruba.  I was talking to a travel agent today about booking a trip to Aruba and they told me to make sure I budget for the food because it is INSANELY expensive. She said that the food alone would cost about 2,000 or more for only 7 days! Is this true or an exageration??

Re: Aruba Food Cost?

• I'm not sure about Aruba, but we heard the same about Bermuda.  But the food in Bermuda wasn't too much more than a big city (Boston/NYC). 
  • Just got back 2 weeks ago from a honeymoon in Aruba.  We heard the same about food being expensive, but didn't find it to be that bad. We stayed in a condo so we did 3 breakfasts and lunches in after shopping at the grocery store to save some $.  The hot breakfast buffet at our hotel was 16 pp with tip.  Lunches could be anything from $5 sandwiches to $25 sit down depending on what you choose.  We did have nice, somewhat expensive dinners ($100-$150 for 2) but we researched the nicer places with the best reviews & were OK with spending our wedding cash on the gourmet experience.  You could choose restaurants where you could eat for $60-80, you just have to do your research beforehand.
  • I just back from Aruba about 3 weeks ago. We stayed at an AI. But we occasionally went out for dinner and we never spent less than 150 for dinner, but that included alcohol.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Christen&EricChristen&Eric member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012

have you looked into all inclusive in Aruba? We are staying at the RUI Palace and everything will be included. Im not sure of your honeymoon budget but my family has time share down there and its only costing us $60 a day pp for food & drink. $120 a day for 3 meals, snack, & drinks isn't bad for us seeing that we spend that on a Saturday night dinner.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards