Massachusetts-Boston

recommendations for dance lessons

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a studio to do dance lessons in the Boston area. We don't have a car so it really has to be in an area accessible by public transportation(bus is fine though -- just no distant suburb). Any recommendations? We're also dancing salsa/latin so they need to be able to help us with that.

Also a related question for anyone who has done dance lessons -- how many did you take? How much did it cost (ballpark figure)? Were they private or group? I'm not much of a dancer (I love to dance, but I've been told I look like a complete fool without coordination) so I'm curious how much of a commitment these lessons will be.

Thanks!

Re: recommendations for dance lessons

• The place we went was south of boston, so that won't help you.  We did 3 private lessons.  It was $225.  It wasn't worth it.  Although people at the wedding were impressed, my dh was very upset each lesson b/c the lady basically told us we sucked.  lol.
  • edited January 2012
    Arthur Murray is having a Groupon deal, 2 private lessons and a group one for $49.  Otherwise the dance complex in Cambridge has everthing you could ask for.  Best of luck
    "All I want is for you to be happy And, take this woman and make you my family And, finally you have found someone perfect And, finally you have found Yourself." -RHCP image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards