Pennsylvania

wedding time for a friday wedding

What do you think is a good time to have a wedding on a Friday?  Is it true that you are supposed to get married on the half of the hr? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: wedding time for a friday wedding

• benmel31benmel31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i would start a friday wedding at 6 or later, especially if you have guests coming from out of town.  i have heard the 1/2 hour thing, but i am not following it.  my wedding is at 3.
    Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto PP, at least 6 or 7pm to allow for OOT guests to make it. I've honestly never heard of the 1/2 hour thing, all news to me. Our ceremony started at 1pm.
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • edited December 2011
    if it's a destination wedding, it doesn't matter.

if it's all in-town guests, 6pm or later.

if it's some in-town and some out-of-towners, I would say the later the better, but honestly, most people probably already had to take the day off anyway, so whatever.

I've been to at 5pm wedding on a Friday meaning EVERYONE had to take at least a half day.  It was a good time for a wedding, but crappy that we all had to take the day off of work.

Never heard of the half-hour thing and NEVER been to a wedding on a half-hour.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards