Nevada-Las Vegas

Please help...restaurants with seperate billing

So Im looking for a cheaper restaurant that could handle a party of 40 and do seperate billing, since we've had trouble in the hotel restaurants with this. I've heard that Tony Roma's by Freemont is a good choice. Any ideas?

Thanks a million!
Charity
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Please help...restaurants with seperate billing

• edited December 2011
    A lot of restaurants are not going to allow 40 separate checks, but they may allow you to split them into say 3 or 4 separate checks and group people. I don't know who offhand.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most will not do completely separate billings from my understanding. We were looking into doing that for our 'non rehersal' dinner the night before the wedding.  For example, at El Segundo Sol, and their entire restaurant group (which includes Mon Ami Gabi) they will only break down the bill PER TABLE (8-10 people)., not per couple, single, family, etc.  So guests would have to come with cash in hand pretty much because they said they would only  be able to charge 1 credit card and cannot break up the bill for large groups (which is understandable). 

Obviously, having to tell our guests "make sure you bring cash!" would be really rude IMO. Also, they menu would still have to be "fixed" with only 3 options for entrees. If the dinner is hosted I have no problem with a fixed menu, but since it would be non-hosted again I think that would be rude.

One good option may be a buffet, where people pay as they come in.  Not sure if they still do that if you have a reserved section or room though.  We are planning on going to a buffet now for the 'non rehersal dinner', and that way everyone pays as they enter, and they can eat whatever they want.  We're also not making this dinner mandatory in any way since we're not hosting it, we'll just pass the word for our family to 'join us' there if they wish. 
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, this is a super tough situation - not wanting to be rude - but I cant afford to pay for more than one meal!

I think the option of the buffet is great...if guests could pay upon entry. I will look into that at the MGM as that's where we are staying and having the wedding. Maybe they would be accomidating :)

Thanks for the idea!
    Charity
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_please-helprestaurants-seperate-billing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:921c5797-67d4-4e2d-bf8d-39ef1ba4c867Post:73c23673-6c2f-4e0c-9e62-5d7350861e23">Re: Please help...restaurants with seperate billing</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, this is a super tough situation - not wanting to be rude - but I cant afford to pay for more than one meal! I think the option of the buffet is great...if guests could pay upon entry. I will look into that at the MGM as that's where we are staying and having the wedding. Maybe they would be accomidating :) Thanks for the idea! Charity
    Posted by missjets[/QUOTE]

I believe they do large group reservations at the MGM because it said that somewhere on their website and we called them (played phone tag and never got a hold of them though). Post if you find anything out about how the group reservations work! 
    We are actually planning on going to the Rio buffet.  It's off the strip but supposed to be one of the best!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_please-helprestaurants-seperate-billing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:921c5797-67d4-4e2d-bf8d-39ef1ba4c867Post:73c23673-6c2f-4e0c-9e62-5d7350861e23">Re: Please help...restaurants with seperate billing</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, this is a super tough situation - not wanting to be rude - but I cant afford to pay for more than one meal! I think the option of the buffet is great...if guests could pay upon entry. I will look into that at the MGM as that's where we are staying and having the wedding. Maybe they would be accomidating :) Thanks for the idea! Charity

I'm a little puzzled - is this a gathering that you are hosting as part of your wedding?  If it is, seperate checks isn't the issue.  You and your FI ought to be covering the entire tab.
  • aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_please-helprestaurants-seperate-billing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:921c5797-67d4-4e2d-bf8d-39ef1ba4c867Post:099a7d10-b45d-4624-944b-64eea9f60bef">Re: Please help...restaurants with seperate billing</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please help...restaurants with seperate billing : I'm a little puzzled - is this a gathering that you are hosting as part of your wedding?  If it is, seperate checks isn't the issue.  You and your FI ought to be covering the entire tab.
    Posted by impslave[/QUOTE]

I was assuming it was not the 'reception' or post wedding dinner since she said 'more than one meal'.  If it's just an additional meal for the guests to get together (not on the wedding day) and you're not 'formally' inviting people to come (just passing the word for them to join you if they wish), I would not see any problem with it not being hosted
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_please-helprestaurants-seperate-billing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:921c5797-67d4-4e2d-bf8d-39ef1ba4c867Post:9a205fda-8e61-4de4-b596-e5972ca06ace">Please help...restaurants with seperate billing</a>:
    [QUOTE]So Im looking for a cheaper restaurant that could handle a party of 40 and do seperate billing, since we've had trouble in the hotel restaurants with this. I've heard that Tony Roma's by Freemont is a good choice. Any ideas? Thanks a million! Charity

PF Chang's in PH told us that they could do one check per table or up to 4 checks for our whole group.  Ultimately we just got one check, but they were willing to work with us if necessary.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_please-helprestaurants-seperate-billing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:921c5797-67d4-4e2d-bf8d-39ef1ba4c867Post:73c23673-6c2f-4e0c-9e62-5d7350861e23">Re: Please help...restaurants with seperate billing</a>:

Check the Rio too, their buffet is in a pretty massive room and guests pay as they enter the room.  Perhaps they can reserve a section of the room for your party, and your guests can pay as they arrive.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_please-helprestaurants-seperate-billing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:921c5797-67d4-4e2d-bf8d-39ef1ba4c867Post:f4cf459f-28fb-4076-8e05-e0bc398a5915">Re: Please help...restaurants with seperate billing</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please help...restaurants with seperate billing : Check the Rio too, their buffet is in a pretty massive room and guests pay as they enter the room.  Perhaps they can reserve a section of the room for your party, and your guests can pay as they arrive.
    Posted by vegasgroom[/QUOTE]

I remember there being these divider walls so some of the tables were semi private.
    And Rio's buffet is so yummy. I'm sad we didn't make it over there to eat on our last trip.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the ideas. I really appreciate it.

This is not for our reception. But because we are staying a week I thought it might be nice to go out for dinner after the wedding...but there would be no formal invite just word of mouth.

Charity
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_please-helprestaurants-seperate-billing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:921c5797-67d4-4e2d-bf8d-39ef1ba4c867Post:d131ff3f-93b1-4b14-b5c7-d0ec8a5069c2">Re: Please help...restaurants with seperate billing</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for all the ideas. I really appreciate it. This is not for our reception. But because we are staying a week I thought it might be nice to go out for dinner after the wedding...but there would be no formal invite just word of mouth. Charity

Here is the phone # for the rio buffet (and Caesars) group reservations:

<strong><span style="font-size:15pt;line-height:150%;font-family:'Footlight MT Light','serif';"><font color="#000000">1-866-733-5827</font></span></strong>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards