Chit Chat

wedding day bride 'must have's?'

Hi all,

I've haven't visited this site in years since being married but am hoping that some of you could help me remember some wedding day BRIDE 'must have's.'  I'm a personal attendant in an upcoming wedding and I'm just trying to remember some items to bring 'just in case' aka a mirror for the bride to check her makeup, lipgloss, tissues,etc etc.

Would you be so kind to remind me of those things you 'needed' or even thought might be helpful???

TIA!

Re: wedding day bride 'must have's?'

• extra bobby pins would have been nice. And hairspray. Batteries for the cameras. Pen and paper to write our vows (out of an entire freakin' cabin, we couldn't find anything to write on, go figure).

Remember the cuff links! H forgot his and ended up using zip ties. No one even knew, but still.
  • A small bottle of club soda.  If ANYTHING spills on the dress, and you are not at the venue, club soda is a good choice.  Bring a small washcloth along (white, BRAND NEW) so you don't stain the dress.

Clear nail polish (for nylon runs)
    Straws (so bride can drink without messing up makeup)
  • Sorry.  I hit the enter button and it posted without being done!

Antacids
    Bandaids
    PeptoBismol
    Tampons/Pads

These are just some unique ones I saw.   Google "bridal emergency kit" for ideas.  Hope this helps!
  • i found this webpage and it looks like it listed almost everyhting you might need!

http://www.whathappensnow.com/articles_show.cfm?id=50&cat=8&sub=1
    image 178 Invited so far!
    image 55 Are ready to party!
    image 22 Will be missing out!
    image 101 Are MIA!
    ***RSVP Date: October 10th*** *future mrs. warner* Wedding Countdown Ticker October 2010 Siggy Challenge First pic of FI and I Photobucket
  • Needle and thread in colors to match her dress and the BM dresses.  It saved me when I was a BM in a friend's wedding and my button came off of my dress - good thing I brought a tiny sewing kit!  Feminine products, breath mints/toothbrush & toothpaste, bandaids and/or moleskin or molefoam and scissors - to help with the areas of the feet that shoes rub blisters on. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Also a bottle of water and a granola bar or something just in case the bride forgets to eat something before!fabric tape and safety pins may come in handy too

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Duct tape. It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.
  • asprin, tummy medicine, tissue, saftey pins, bobby pins, lipstick, compact or small mirror, maybe moist towelettes or baby wipes (fixes stray makeup)
  • Fashion tape in case anyone needs to tape their dress.  A lady in a bridal shop said they found that toupee tape works better so maybe try that.
  • An item I don't see mentioned often but is a MUST - Q-tips.  They correct ALL makeup flaws.  NEVER dab yourself.  Always use a Q-tips!

Other items not often mentioned is wax, pins (straight and safety).  By applying a little wax on a pin keeps the pin from tear or snag when you use pins.  Straight pins are great if your bustle gets torn.

Pack deoderandt.  I was in a wedding and the BRIDE FORGOT IT!!  Eeewww.
  • Thank you to all!  I knew I could depend on your wisdom.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards