Virginia
Options

rehearsal dinner norfolk/vb

does anyone know of any rehearsal dinner restaurants in norfolk/vb that are average priced??? and not in a hotel? help!

Re: rehearsal dinner norfolk/vb

• Options
    We used Doc Taylor's at the oceanfront (22nd st).  They are only open for breakfast and lunch so we had the whole place to ourselves.  They are also owned by the same people as Tautog's so the food is phenomenal!  They're both renovated houses so it's a nice cozy feeling and you can make use of multiple rooms to keep the bar separate from a buffet/gift room/lounge etc.  We absolutely loved it - especially the screened porch!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I'm also not sure what you are looking for, but in my travels we came across this place called Roger Brown's in Portsmouth, VA. A friend of ours took us here one time & we loved it! It's a sports club, so maybe not the best place for a rehearsal dinner, but it's the best soul food I've ever tasted. Huge portions & small prices. My meal was $13 & he's was $11. It's been almost a year since, but we are still talking about the food. We've been trying to get back down there ever since. I guess now talking about it we'll have to make a day of it soon. Sooooooo good!!!!! Here's the website if you are interested. http://www.rogerbrowns.com/ordereze/Content/1/Summary.aspx
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia_rehearsal-dinner-norfolkvb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:236Discussion:20c7cab8-ed81-4598-85ef-0489dd6e7a31Post:f449bdfc-33a3-4a5b-9a0f-ac2c115e29b0">Re: rehearsal dinner norfolk/vb</a>:
    [QUOTE]We used Doc Taylor's at the oceanfront (22nd st).  They are only open for breakfast and lunch so we had the whole place to ourselves.  They are also owned by the same people as Tautog's so the food is phenomenal!  They're both renovated houses so it's a nice cozy feeling and you can make use of multiple rooms to keep the bar separate from a buffet/gift room/lounge etc.  We absolutely loved it - especially the screened porch!
    Posted by sunflower1998[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Agreeing with PP... We are using Tautog's for our rehearsal dinner in May. We ate there in November and everything was great! They are setting us up on the side room, so it will be semi-private and there is a separate bar. The building is very cute and the food is amazing! </div>
  • Options
    I attended a rehearsal dinner at Aldo's in VA Beach last year, they had a private room & the food was great.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards