Jewish Weddings

any Jewish traditions for order of processional?

Getting down to the last details now that I'm less than 3 weeks out.  We're coming up with the order of the procesional now.  Are there any traditions of if the groom comes out before groomsmen, etc?

We're thinking of having
Cantor
grandparents
groomsmen (individually)
groom w/parents
bridesmaids (individually)
ring bearer & flower girl
MOH
bride w/parents

Does that look ok?
ExerciseMilestone image

Re: any Jewish traditions for order of processional?

• LisaBRMLisaBRM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In my mind, I always thought that flower girls should come down right before the bride because, in theory, they are laying a bed of flower petals for the bride to walk on.  But, your order seems just fine, too!
    Lisa
    Not a newbie, but, had to create a new account - formerly LBR_NJ

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Blog - "Helping Make Sense"
  • edited December 2011
    I don't have it with me right now, but Amy Vanderbilt's Complete Guide to Etiquette lays out the order for a Jewish wedding processional. It's pretty common in libraries and available on google books.
  • edited December 2011
    Our rabbi told us to do the following order:
    Rabbi
    Grandparents
    Groomsmen with Bridesmaids
    Groom with parents
    Bride with parents

I originally had the groom before the groomsmen and he gave me a funny look about doing that.
    Anniversary image
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_jewish-weddings_jewish-traditions-order-of-processional?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:399Discussion:0f1be353-af33-4f42-a286-af7b50ed2ca6Post:1fb08e7a-8e50-4096-9471-45e8f173fefb">any Jewish traditions for order of processional?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Getting down to the last details now that I'm less than 3 weeks out.  We're coming up with the order of the procesional now.  Are there any traditions of if the groom comes out before groomsmen, etc? We're thinking of having Cantor grandparents groomsmen (individually) groom w/parents bridesmaids (individually) ring bearer & flower girl MOH bride w/parents Does that look ok?
    Posted by JoBell123[/QUOTE]

I did it <strong>exactly </strong>the way you did it, minus a ring bearer and grandparents, and I had a rabbi but no cantor.  I don't think there's any wrong or right way to do it, but looking at a book for ideas is also good.  I used the book <strong>The New Jewish Wedding </strong>by Anita Diamant as a guide.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards