California-Bay Area

Please help!

160 days away from the wedding and still no flowers!  Anyone have any suggestions/referrals for a july wedding in oakland?  i'm on a very meager budget! Also not opposed to DIY-ing the centerpieces
Love at first sight is easy to understand; it's when two people have been looking at each other for a lifetime that it becomes a miracle. ~Amy Bloom

Re: Please help!

• mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you check out the flowers budget post two posts down?  There are a bunch of websites listed for people who can do flowers on a budget.  The lady I listed helped my mother with my flowers, but she does set wedding packages that start at about $400.
  • edited December 2011
    i'm DIYing!  so thats my rec.  its totally doable if you dont care about everything looking exactly the same/uniform.
    i'm just going to get all my flowers at the SF Flower mart the day before and throw em together w/ my BMs and the moms.  DEF a great way to cut cost...if you can swing it. 
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You can also get flowers in bulk from Sam's Club or fiftyflowers.com
  • edited December 2011
    Look into the farmers markets but talk to them ahead of time!
  • edited December 2011
    Nicole Shaffer with Thistledown Design.  She is super talented and very sweet and the best part---she works with your budget!  She's based in Oakland/South-San Francisco.
  • josborne49josborne49 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are some flower wholesalers that are open to the public.  If you're crafty, you can get bunches from there and then DIY centerpieces and boquets.  Have you thought about non-flower centerpieces, like candles, pictures or a special memento? 
  • lizsmilelizsmile member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there,

I would look into Costco as well. I actually am going through them for my wedding in April of next year. When you call, ask for the floral department, and they will give you a number to the venue they use, they will give you a good deal.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards