Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Bora Bora!

Hi!  A few of you ladies help me decide to go to Bora Bora (thanks again!) and now I wanted to find out if anyone has any tips or info from their experience in Bora Bora.  I'd love to hear any advice, where to stay, etc.  Did you use a travel agent or was it pretty simple to book yourself?  Also, would love to hear from anyone who has travelled to Bora Bora using AMEX points?  Any info or feedback would be a huge help!  Thank you so much!!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bora Bora!

• Options
    We're staying at Le Meridien Bora Bora next month.  We booked ourselves because we found an awesome deal through Starwood hotels.  It's pretty complicated booking the flights and everything separately for this though since you have to arrange boat transfers to your hotel from the airport.  I typically book all of my vacations myself, but for this, I probably would've rather had a travel agent to arrange it all.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    I've been a few times and have stayed at or visited almost all of the properties there. There is a wide range of prices and a lot depends on budget or what type of experience you want. I personally tend to opt for smaller, more authentic properties, but have stayed at some of the larger ones. Also, each hotel is unique in its own way, so if you want a good mountain view, for example, you will want something like Le Meridien or the Thalasso. Something smaller, you'd want the Pearl or Sofitel Private Island. I would recommend using a travel agent, as there are a lot of small little pieces that you may end up missing on a first trip. However, if you are using points, I'd recommend booking the portion you are booking with points first, then contacting an agent and have them plan around it. I've used miles before and sometimes I couldn't get the exact dates I needed and then the agent had to replan everything around that one change. A good resource is www.tahiti-tourisme.com. Also, I recommend that if you are going for more than 6 or 7 nights to do two islands. Anything more than 5 or so nights on one island can get a little boring. French Polynesia has so much to offer and every island is different. I haev been to most of the resort class islands, so let me know if you have any questions about any of them!

• Options
    We are splitting our time and going to Moorea first, then Bora Bora.  We booked through a travel agent.  She took care of everything.....main flights, interisland flights, transportation to/from airports, hotels.  After reading many reviews, we opted for the Hilton on both islands.
  • Options
    I posted a trip report on my blog: http://darcela.blogspot.com/2010/06/honeymoon-in-french-polynesia.html

Depending on how much points you have, you might be able to transfer it to airline or hotel to cover some part of your trip.

Let me know if you have any questions!
  • Options
    We just booked our March 2013 honeymoon to Bora Bora. We used a travel agent (Easy Escapes Travel). Our travel agent had been to Bora Bora multiple times, and was able to elaborate on different details on each of the hotels we were considering. That was very helpful! We ended up deciding to stay at the IC Thalasso for 6 nights. So excited!

I recommend getting started on TripAdvisor for hotel reviews and going from there. And I can't recommend a travel agent enough. I'm usually the type of person to shop around for flight and hotel deals, but I wasn't gonna mess with a trip like this. At this point, I'd rather spend the extra money to make the trip perfect. I liked that our agent just gave us a package price, flights included, and that was it. With all this stupid wedding planning going on, simplicity is appreciated in my life :)
  • Options

We planning on taking our honeymoon in Tahiti in May 2013. I have only started looking online but the best prices I have found so far have been on http://www.airtahitinui-usa.com/specials/tahitihoneymoon.asp

Those of you who used a travel agent, were you still able to get good prices?

Trying to conceive #1 since January 2013
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    Travel agents have access to all of the Tahiti suppliers, so it gets you not only the best pricing out there, but also the best knowledge. I would contact 2-3 agents, start asking some questions, get an initial quote, and then choose one agent to continue with. I did that several times and could tell after the first few e-mails who was going to be the easiest and best to work with. Another thing about working with an agent is that you can customize a package. You may see something you like on Air Tahiti Nui's website, but an agent can quote the same thing with slightly different inclusions. Hope that helps!

• Options
    Thanks Jells, could you recommend any travel agencies?
    Trying to conceive #1 since January 2013
    My Ovulation Chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards