Getting in Shape

Workout Accountability: Tuesday

Good morning! I've been at work since 6:20 getting interim grades entered, so I figured I would take a break before homeroom. (also, I can't believe we are half way through the third quarter. Insanity!!)

Last night I did an iFit workout on the treadmill and then my sets of crunches, push ups, and squats for the challenges. I am definitely feeling it today! Tonight I'm going to do W2D2 of C25K and then a JM workout. Not sure which one yet.

How did you do last night? What do you have planned for today? Hope you all have a good one!

lbarr, did you get your HM squared away? Glad that you are feeling better!!
medi, CONGRATS on that long run, girl. You rock!
Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Workout Accountability: Tuesday

• I didn't get to exercise last night as I said yesterday.  I didn't eat that great either but I was allowing myself until yesterday to be depressed/upset about things and now is time to snap out of it!  Hopefully I will get to the gym tonight :)  I know I will at least be eating better today.

Lizzie, we did end up going to the travel agent last night!  She is just writing out everything today and then sending it to us to double check before we officially book.  Basically, by the end of today we should be all set!  Then it's just a matter of booking a hotel in NYC for a night, etc.  
  • So I must be dumb and totally out of the loop but everyone keeps talking about iFit. What is that?

I did about 45 minutes of lifting when I got home from work last night and went to spin class this morning for an hour. Ugh I hate the music on Tuesdays but whatever. I should leave a comment card I'm just afraid she will know it is me lol.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Ugh maribeth, that darn music!  That's so annoying.  Would it be rude to wear ear buds? ;)

I also am clueless about this whole iFit thing.
  • I've been having a hard time getting my workouts done because I've been coughing a ridiculous amount.  I'm wondering if it's a side effect of my new Flonase.  Calling the nurse line today because I went on all these meds to STOP my asthma symptoms, not make them worse.  Hmpf.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Thanks Lizzie :)

lbarr- WOOT WOOT!! Honeymoon :)

maribeth- you should leave a comment about the music.  You couldn't possibly be the only person who is annoyed by it!

J&K- hope you feel better!

Today was a lift day.  I have no idea what iFit is either...?
  • iFit is this thing that came with our treadmill. It looks like a card you would put into a digital camera or a SIM card for a phone. I put it into my treadmill and it has pre-set workouts from Jillian Michaels. It also controls your treadmill, so I don't have to press anything to up the speed or incline. Our treadmill only came with level one, but we might look into getting other ones. So far I've like it and it's nice to be able to just plug and it in and have the machine do the work for you! :-)

Hope you feel better, J&K. Not to be an alarm ringer, but we've had a lot of cases of whooping cough/pertussis going around our schools and most infected people are adults. They say that our vaccines are wearing off. The nurse told us to see a doctor if we have a cough that lasts longer than a week. p.s. I watched Insanity online to see if it was something I could do. Um, no way. You go girl!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Good morning all!

I lifted last night and plan on running after work.  I didn't work out at all over the weekend, since I went home and my bridesmaids all came to stay so we could go dress shopping.  I also got to try my dress on again after not seeing it since September and I was pretty pumped that they'll have to take it in! 

And maribeth, I agree, I think you should say something about the music.  
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jude- I'm excited for you that they need to take in your dress!  Way to progress!!
  • I need to get back on track, so hoping that the accountability will help.

Didn't work out last night, aside from the daily Tumblr routine I've been doing, but will be doing cardio intervals on the treadmill tonight.

Congrats on the great dress news, Jude!
    Anniversary
  • I didn't work out last night, it was a rest day for me. For exercise I walked the dog for 20 minutes and then I babysat my friend's dear three month old girl.. I had to carry her and bounce the whole time - which was 4 hours - or she would cry. Poor baby is sick :( Anyway, I like to think that that counts as exercise, it certainly felt like it!

Tonight we're off to the gym to start week 4 of C25K (I'll let you guys know how it goes tomorrow... I'm nervous!) and then the usual weight lifting.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I found out at work yesterday that I was scheduled for an interview this morning (for a permanent position at my work), so instead of going to the gym I had to redo my portfolio and get copies of my resume for the interview. After I got all that done, I did manage to get 45 minutes on my stationary bike, but I hate that I missed my gym day.

Tonight I will probably do some light cardio, we'll see what I have time for.
  • We did kickboxing this morning in boot camp.  It was fun, and a good cardio workout.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Last night I did the tests for the new challenge and it was a bit more difficult in ways I thought it would be easy and easy in ways I thought it would be difficult. This morning I started my couch to 5k program by walking 10 minutes with a 2 minute run in between. I'm waiting till I get off so I can make mushrooms!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-tuesday-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:66baaec8-336b-4283-b73c-98812f95dabcPost:83cbe248-bc39-4e8e-bcf1-6c2f79b70015">Re: Workout Accountability: Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]iFit is this thing that came with our treadmill. It looks like a card you would put into a digital camera or a SIM card for a phone. I put it into my treadmill and it has pre-set workouts from Jillian Michaels. It also controls your treadmill, so I don't have to press anything to up the speed or incline. Our treadmill only came with level one, but we might look into getting other ones. So far I've like it and it's nice to be able to just plug and it in and have the machine do the work for you! :-) Hope you feel better, J&K. Not to be an alarm ringer, but we've had a lot of cases of whooping cough/pertussis going around our schools and most infected people are adults. They say that our vaccines are wearing off. The nurse told us to see a doctor if we have a cough that lasts longer than a week. p.s. I watched Insanity online to see if it was something I could do. Um, no way. You go girl!
    Posted by lizziemc1775[/QUOTE]

I don't feel sick other than the cough though.  I did call my doctor, so we'll see what he says!  I've heard that about pertussis too, and I know we've had some cases around here as well.  Hopefully it's just a side effect and nothing something more serious!

And?  I didn't think I could do it either.  But I am!  I bet you could!

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards